Jayden Fever HairStyle - Over_Ears Shaping does not exactly bring hair over ears

scar_handscar_hand Posts: 119

I seem to be having a problem with "Jayden Fever HairStyle". I put the hair on a Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 male model, and then I adjusted the "Over_Ears" setting to over 100%. For some reason, the sides of the hair does not go down and cover the ears.

I did not adjusted the ears of the models in anyway. I also check marked the "Show Hidden Properties" and I couldn't find anything that could help solve this problem. I bring this up, because, I heard that a lot of people have a solve a problem like this with "Hidden Properties" adjustments when they try to place long hair on a model with big elf ears.

On a unrelated note, how can I paste an image directly on this message post?

jayden_fever_hairstyle.png
1600 x 900 - 713K

Comments

• scar_handscar_hand Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Never mind about my last question concerning posting images. I thought that an attached image would not appear, unless a hyperlink is clicked.

edited December 1969

I'm still having trouble with this hair problem.

edited December 1969

Is there hair in the store that looks like this guy's hair?

I tried to shape the "Jayden Fever HairStyle" to look like this, but I couldn't get it done.

abel_hair_pics.png
    1696 x 601 - 2M
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited January 2015

The 100% mark for a morph is (usually) the shape that the creator designed it at. If you go past that point the results will be unpredictable and generally poor. By the looks of the promos the over ears morph only covers the tops of the ears (see last promo pic on the product page). There is not much you can do about this.

Have you looked at Brit hair for G2M? It's not unlike those photos.

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
    edited December 1969

The 100% mark for a morph is (usually) the shape that the creator designed it at. If you go past that point the results will be unpredictable and generally poor. By the looks of the promos the over ears morph only covers the tops of the ears (see last promo pic on the product page). There is not much you can do about this.

Yes, it does seem that there is not much shaping that can be done to the "Jayden Fever HairStyle" in Daz3D. If I were to export that hairstyle into Hexagon, or some other 3D computer graphics software, would the "Jayden Fever HairStyle" become more malleable?

Have you looked at Brit hair for G2M? It's not unlike those photos.
    I have "Brit hair for G2M". I thought that getting this guy's hair shape would be a lot easier with "Jayden Fever HairStyle".

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

It should be possible to morph it in a 3D modelling program, but this is fibre hair which has a lot of polygons and in separate objects (the hairs) that will need to be moved together (it may be hard on your program's resources and therefore slow). There are tools for this, of course, such as proportional edit in Blender, but even then I think shaping them will be quite difficult. Hairs of various kinds are generally quite hard to morph as they involve a lot of separate objects which are layered or bunched together and I've found it hard to get them to do what you want unless it is something quite simple. I think you would just have to have a go and see if it will work.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited May 2015

OK, this is sort of a necro-post, but I ran across this doing a sweep of Kerya's free hair list, since the last time I looked...and well I had a few minutes to play. ;)

You could try Duke Hair, which I think comes free with Genesis? I added a few D-Formers, and spending a few more minutes on it I probably could have gotten closer to the desired look. Its a little straighter than the pics, but thats easily d-formed.

You could use the same d-formers on that Jayden hair, though I don't have it to test...

dukehair.jpg
    490 x 628 - 59K
    Post edited by 3dOutlaw on