Questions about content item files and their application with latest Carrara 8.5 pro and/or Dadz3d S

rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
edited January 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Looking through the PlatinumClub+ content items.
Looking at all the explanations and limitations it is confusing.
There are some items I could use in a first Carrara project.

Is there some things I need to look for, if I want the content items to work in DAZ 4.7 and/or Carrara 8.5 pro.
Especially, if I should beware of those items.
Towards the end of these content items there appear to be some very old items.
I'm not sure what that might mean, but I could guess they will work if I know how to fix them.

Some of the content items mention Daz3d version 3.x and Carrara is never mentioned.

Also, I noted some content items that are dated 2012 and have more current releases called expansion packs.
I get the impression the 2012 version will not work with current applications, but is still base content.

It would helpful to know more, or where I can go to learn more.
No way, I want to buy content that isn't workable or depends upon my skills to make the content work.

I am only concerned for Daz3d and Carrara files. I don't own Poser application.

Post edited by rampart_1576840087 on

Comments

• WheatpennyWheatpenny Posts: 31
    edited January 2015

Carrara can load Daz content as well as Poser content. You can add all your runtimes and content folders to it so you can load them directly. Although I haven't tried it much yet, Most if not all of their Daz/Poser stuff should work in the current version of Carrara.

edit to add:
    I just loaded the old Daz/Zygote P4 centaur, and it works fine. The only Daz-specific content I have is the stuff that came with Carrara and it appears to work too.

Post edited by Wheatpenny on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Hi, in the context of Carrara and the Daz store, think of Poser as a file structure, not a program. Carrara fully supports Daz content that is in the Poser file structure. (There are some issues with content for Poser 8+ Smith Micro figures but I don't think Daz sells any content for them). So, you can use any older figures like Vicky 1-4, Michael 1-4, The Freak, Hiro, Stephanie Petite, and The Girl, among others. For example, Carrara fully supports V3 and the holiday outfit for V3. http://www.daz3d.com/holiday-outfit-for-v3/

These products are found in a "Runtime" file structure in your content browser. The poseable figures like Vicky4 are in the "figures" subfolder of the runtime folder. If you did the default install, then the runtime folder is called My DAZ3D Library Runtime. There are subfolders for faces, hair, hands, poses, and props. Carrara can load this content directly from the Carrara content browser to the Carrara assembly room.