pwSurface2 within DAZ Studio 4.6 won't work, due to missing pwSurface2Def.ds

deloquenciadeloquencia Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I've got trouble to use pwSurface2 with DAZ Studio 4.6, when I load the shader using the content library nothing seems to happen, the log states about a missing file (DEBUG: "support/Poseworks/shaderDefinitions/surface/pwSurface2Def.ds" not found.)

So I checked the file listings of pwsurface2-package (http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/8258/file_list) and there seems to be that file in the folder scripts/support, but DIM didn't install it, neither the old Installer for DAZ 4.0 did install that file, although in DAZ 4.0 it works also without that file (I've got no idea why).

In the online product library I downloaded the ZIP package and placed all files from the folder Poseworks inside Library-Root-Path/Scripts/Support. But DAZ still can't find the file, so I started placing it everywhere around the Library, but nothing is working...

I don't know any further steps, did you run into any trouble with pwSurface and recent versions of DAZ Studio?
Where could be the right place for that file or the whole folder?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

Did you install the shader with DIM or stand-alone? How about DS4? The scripts/support folder is in the application folder, not in a content directory, so it sounds as if you are installing to the DS4.0 application and not to 4.5 - in general it's not a good idea to mix different 4.x versions, unless one is a beta and one a production build.

• deloquenciadeloquencia Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

Hello,

that's it. I copied the missing files into the app directory itself.
    I'm aware of the trouble mixing versions, so I'm using the beta of 4.6 next to 4.0 and 3.0.

Thank you very much :)