Headshop 14 error daz model not found

videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
edited September 2021 in The Commons

Hello. I just purchased Headshop 14 full today. I have headshop 11 and headshop 12 upgrade, but this time around i bought the full Headshop 14, because to save time/avoid possible errors if theres any from, upgrading from 2 previous versions

I had fun and love the previous 2 headshops version, but to my surprise with Headshop 14 full, im getting the message "daz model not found" repeatedly each time I a drag a picture inside headshop.I followed the tutorial readme tried installing in Applications folder. but the headshop button doesnt show up so i i installed under wherever i can a folder that ends in Daz 3D. The headshop button appeared but giving the message daz model not found with every picture. i wonder what is the problem or has anyone resolved this issue? Thank you so much

Post edited by videoninja719 on

Comments

• You have an installation issue. Since HeadShop is a plugin, it needs to be installed as such. The HeadShop 14 video clearly explains the process: 

Most issues are due to either having multiple DAZ Studio locations - the video shows how to identify the right location.

The 40 page manual also gives a good overview: https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/HS14-Manual.pdf

You can also contact Abalone for tech support: we can set up a skype call at lasloves - it solves problems 98% of the time.

• info_b3470fa520 said:

You have an installation issue. Since HeadShop is a plugin, it needs to be installed as such. The HeadShop 14 video clearly explains the process: 

Most issues are due to either having multiple DAZ Studio locations - the video shows how to identify the right location.

The 40 page manual also gives a good overview: https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/HS14-Manual.pdf

You can also contact Abalone for tech support: we can set up a skype call at lasloves - it solves problems 98% of the time.

Thank you @info_b3470fa520 i managed to get it running after reading the pdf, and also defaulting the temp location in daz preference it solved the daz model not found issue. Also i had to create manually faceshop/fs or headshop/fs folders not sure which one though in c/users/public/public documents/MyDazLibrary/Faceshop/fs/Smoothtextures since error message popped up during export saying cant find path to that location folder.

• Setting the temp path to default fixed it for me in HS13.

• SlimerJSpud said:

Setting the temp path to default fixed it for me in HS13.

yup, did it to me, it is also in the 40 pages in the manual.

• I'm having the same problem, the plug-in works until I drag a photo and it says 'Daz model not found.'

I read the full instruction back and forth a couple of times and I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly. However, English not being my first language this sentence confuses me: 'this is the folder that contains inside the "DAZStudio4" folder that contains the DAZ Studio application.' 

My daz application executable is located at:

E:\DAZ 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

I have installed the plugin into 

E:\DAZ 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D

What did I do wrong? 

• Mino96Mino96 Posts: 2
    edited February 3

thats all not user friendly, same problem for 2024 version here, i read exactelly the installation guide! 

Post edited by Mino96 on
  • tanutanutanutanu Posts: 25

I also got the same error,
    The same error seems to occur if the location of the DS temp file has been changed.
    Please restore the default.

Edit > Preferences
    General tab
    Make Temporary Files the default
    Probably C:/Users/(User name)/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp

• the whole thing is not user friendly. Apparently the plugin cannot cope if - for whatever reason - a DAZ installation does not use the original paths. The fact that the developers have not found a way for the plugin to find the correct installation path for years is at least questionable and does not suggest that they have the users in mind. And I have never experienced with any other program that a program cannot cope if the path to a temporary directory is not exactly as the programmers expect. I've tried several versions over the years, but nothing has changed despite many chat entries from countless users. So if you haven't installed Daz3d with the specified paths, you should stay away from Headshop. I have given up hope that the programmers of this plugin will change anything at this point.

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 890
    edited February 20

https://youtu.be/QACNeyStmT0

or Tech Support: [email protected]  (works 100%)

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • There are a number of calls that may be useful:

DzApp::getHomePath()
    DzApp::getPluginsPath()
    DzApp::getResourcesPath()
    DzApp::getTempPath()

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,193

Does anyone has succeded with running Headshop 14?

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 890
    edited February 28

Artini said:

Artini, only hundreds of users. (If you read the thread above, you can see how others did. "Setting the temp path to default fixed it for me in HS13."

Or why not just get Tech Support from us (it works 100%)? Abalone Tech support is at [email protected]

Or invite me on skype (lasloves). I am on California time and love to connect with you....

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
    edited February 28

Great to know.

Just wonder how big are differences betwen

https://www.daz3d.com/headshop-2024-win

and Headshop Pro 2023?

https://www.daz3d.com/headshoppro-2023-win

Post edited by Artini on
    edited February 28

HeadShop Pro 2023 works quite nicely with Genesis 9. I like this mirroring texture option.

Just need to figure out how to avoid miscoloration on the skin.

hsPro2023pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 394K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • info_b3470fa520 said:

Artini said:

Artini, only hundreds of users. (If you read the thread above, you can see how others did. "Setting the temp path to default fixed it for me in HS13."

Or why not just get Tech Support from us (it works 100%)? Abalone Tech support is at [email protected]

Or invite me on skype (lasloves). I am on California time and love to connect with you....

However, using the API calls I mentioned above would avoid the need for users to place files where they don't apparently want them. The C: drive is vulnerable if a system reinstall is required.

• Artini said:

Great to know.

Just wonder how big are differences betwen

https://www.daz3d.com/headshop-2024-win

and Headshop Pro 2023?

https://www.daz3d.com/headshoppro-2023-win

WHAT IS NEW IN 2024?

• Addition of 104 new Genesis 8 morphs for AutoSculpt
    • Addition of wrinkle Bump maps for Genesis 8 and Genesis 9
    • New, low price

Thanks for the answer.