Off Topic Thread #2

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,756

Wendy - hope you are okay after those storms rolled through !!!

Stezza - trust those wet feet moments are bypassing you this time around !!!

• Bunyip02 said:

yes thanks

I was a bit edgy when it thundered all day and was doing rough trigonometry in my head looking at my huge gum tree and my and the neighbours houses

had my insurance policy handy

surprise 

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,193

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Bunyip02 said:

yes thanks

I was a bit edgy when it thundered all day and was doing rough trigonometry in my head looking at my huge gum tree and my and the neighbours houses

surprise 

Glad to hear there was no problem.  Here on the Texas Gulf Coast we also get edgy when hurricanes roll through.  After the devastating Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans (Aug, 2005), Hurricane Rita hit Houston the next month.  The huge number of people trying to evacuate (including my wife and me) led to a massive grid lock with people sitting on highways for many hours.  So when Hurricane Ike showed up several years later, we and a lot of people decided to hunker down.  The eye of the storm passed over our house.  Here is a ten minute video of our experience in the Deer Park suburb:

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited November 2022

I am against it.

Groucho 2 Signature.jpg
    400 x 50 - 4K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,812

Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Bunyip02 said:

yes thanks

surprise 

Glad to hear there was no problem.  Here on the Texas Gulf Coast we also get edgy when hurricanes roll through.  After the devastating Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans (Aug, 2005), Hurricane Rita hit Houston the next month.  The huge number of people trying to evacuate (including my wife and me) led to a massive grid lock with people sitting on highways for many hours.  So when Hurricane Ike showed up several years later, we and a lot of people decided to hunker down.  The eye of the storm passed over our house.  Here is a ten minute video of our experience in the Deer Park suburb:

wow... must have been a scary night!  

did you throw the cat out first to make sure it was safe to go outside? devil

edited November 2022

this is today, west of me in central NSW ... Wyangala Dam spilling surprise

Post edited by Stezza on

Bunyip02 said:

yep, so far missing us though we had a few drops last night.. but central NSW is flooding bad! crying 

Diomede said:

I am against it.

"I don't quite hear what you say, but I beg to differ entirely".  - Augustus de Morgan

Checked out a couple Marx Brothers movies from the local library.  From Horse Feathers.

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

yep, so far missing us though we had a few drops last night.. but central NSW is flooding bad! crying 

Very wet on the news !!!

• My neighbours are more peculiar than I imagined

the sewage was blocked on the street 2 days and I was the only one that called the waterworks

Finally today after thinking it was just me and not being able to afford a plumber,

I went and checked the inspection point on my main line and it was full and since it's PVC to the street I figured it couldn't be blocked on my property after all

and it wasn't

so do they just let their poop overflow because that's normal? or maybe don't have showers and wash their laundry (I did both hence overflow)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,869
    edited November 2022

did anyone here used to use a software called N-Sided Quidam for their 3D people?

I found an old site full of dead links that discusses it

removed, Malwarebytes flagged it

I think it was discontinued when I started 3D

there is a YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/@Nsided/videos

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Played with it back in the day,  probably sill have the installer somewhere

edited November 2022

ProPose said:

Played with it back in the day,  probably sill have the installer somewhere

while very old I am stunned by the videos that it had features they are only now adding to DAZ studio as paid addons

and I gather Quidam was pricey for the time

obviously our vertex modeller does that stuff too as does Poser's morph brush 

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

it was!!!  plus you had to purchase addon's (for the good stuff).  Ahhh, those were the days....

the wife has put the Christmas tree up already! surprise

Two and a half hours wasted this morning because I did the first step in a process incorrectly.  I mean nothing is salvageable.  Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.  frownangrysurprisecrying indecision

Going for a long walk.

• I wasted 6 hours interpolating a video to avi which corrupted as too big

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I wasted 6 hours interpolating a video to avi which corrupted as too big

That sucks!

Sending you positive vibes.  

Argh.  I need to get away from the computer.

- This time I made my mistake in the final step.  

I OVERWROTE A WHOLE BUNCH OF STUFF WITH WRONG STUFF

- Have to uninstall and reinstall a bunch of stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting away from my computer before I destroy it and everything in the general vicinity.  

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,232

Breathe, my friend. Just Breathe....

Let it in....

... and... out.

• I have had to increase my font size cool on iPad and computers 

Carrara sadly cuts stuff off doing it

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,232

:(

Sending you hugs, Wendy.  

It seems like my town has been in a fog bank since Thanksgiving (Nov 24th).  Or has some villain blotted out the sun?

Mr Magoo

edited December 2022

write a story about a wizard cat who charms humans into giving him tuna and scritches

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

Once upon a time in a magical land, there lived a wise and powerful wizard cat named Whiskers. Whiskers was a master of spells and incantations, and he used his powers to charm humans into giving him all the tuna and scritches he desired.

Whiskers would often prowl the streets at night, using his powers of persuasion to convince the humans he encountered to give him all the tasty treats and soothing scratches he desired. The humans were powerless to resist his charms, and they willingly obeyed his every command.

One day, a group of humans stumbled upon Whiskers as he was enjoying a delicious feast of tuna in the alleyway behind their house. The humans were amazed by the sight of the powerful wizard cat, and they begged to be his servants.

Whiskers, feeling generous, agreed to take the humans under his wing. He taught them the ways of magic, and they spent their days learning powerful spells and incantations.

But as time went on, the humans grew more and more powerful. They began to challenge Whiskers's authority, and they even started to cast their own spells without his permission.

Whiskers, realizing that his reign was coming to an end, decided to take his leave. He thanked the humans for their loyalty, and then disappeared into the night, leaving them to their own magical devices.

And so, Whiskers the wizard cat continued to roam the land, charming humans into giving him all the tuna and scritches he desired. He was never short on supplies, for his powers of persuasion were unmatched. And he lived happily ever after.

A random item found on the internet that brought me a few minutes of joy.

"Celtic Punjabi Folk Music".  I think the Kingston Trio did one of these.  cheeky

But yeah, it works for me, same as Gangsta Rap and Bluegrass, "Gangstagrass" (I bought the CD.  Remember CD's?):

edited December 2022

the forum's icons have squared off for me!  surprise

Screenshot 2022-12-20 112554.png
    741 x 441 - 23K
    Post edited by Stezza on