Where did all the software go?

Eric3dddEric3ddd Posts: 67
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I just went to the Daz website for the first time in weeks and noticed that Carrara, Hexagon and Bryce are nowhere to be found. Daz Studio is the only software on the home page and the search box is the only way to locate the other programs.

Does this mean Daz intends to let those programs die and focus only on Daz Studio?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Really? Again?

Do you have the hide purchased items thingy checked?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,343
    edited December 1969

There are already threads on this, since it's been true for several weeks.

• WheatpennyWheatpenny Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

When I came here looking for Carrara Pro, I just put "Carrara" into the search engine, and both versions of carrara came up along with the Infinite Skills tuts and some Carrara content.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

You aren't seeing items you already own. I don't own Carrara 8.5 Pro and it shows up for me right after Keiko 6 on the "What's Hot" carousel.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

I think he means that at this time there are no web pages with software details,specs and galleries for each of the applications.
    If I recall someone from DAZ came into the forum and mention that software pages are in the works for the future.

• Eric3dddEric3ddd Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Richard & Evil, I don't visit the site that often and, not knowing when the change happened, I didn't find any posts about it. If I click "3D software" on the home page, it shows me Daz Studio only, as if the other programs were no longer available. They are definitely no longer showcased and a newcomer wanting to purchase them would not know where to look.

Ringo, I hope you're right. Those pages were very outdated. But why not keep the old pages accessible until the new ones are ready?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Eric3ddd said:
    Richard & Evil, I don't visit the site that often and, not knowing when the change happened, I didn't find any posts about it. If I click "3D software" on the home page, it shows me Daz Studio only, as if the other programs were no longer available. They are definitely no longer showcased and a newcomer wanting to purchase them would not know where to look.

Ringo, I hope you're right. Those pages were very outdated. But why not keep the old pages accessible until the new ones are ready?

Your points are valid about the visibility, so please forgive my exasperation, but when this first occurred we had numerous threads and they continue to pop up. Maybe one of these days DAZ's web monkeys will get a clue.

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Typing in > www.daz3d.com/products < in a search or browser will show a page with links to Carrara, Bryce and Hexagon. The YouTube channel 'DAZ Prod' also has this link(from the channel click on "DAZ Free 3D Software"). I'm guessing since that specific product page is still available, DAZ is probably still working(?) on getting those back on the new site home page.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

You aren't seeing items you already own. I don't own Carrara 8.5 Pro and it shows up for me right after Keiko 6 on the "What's Hot" carousel.

We have to get you a copy. :lol: