[Software] Download and Install Manager

Hi,

I'm looking for a software with these features :

• Check the product updates like DIM & Daz Connect
  • Only download Daz Studio files, useless Poser files are excluded like Daz Connect
  • Choose the Install method :
    • One For All : 1 Data/Runtime folder for all the products (DIM method)
    • All For One : All the products have its own folder (Daz Connect method)
  • Save locally the product packages like DIM, Daz Connect Offline (SEA/SEP files) & manual download

Comments

• Connect will install both Poser and DS files where the main product includes them, it won't install Poser Companion Files - but those are separate in DIM too. As far as I can see the only thing not covered by DIM is the option to install every product to its own folder, and having that many content directories is strongly not recommended.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587

Richard Haseltine said:

having that many content directories is strongly not recommended.

Why ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,311
    edited September 2021

Noah LGP said:

Richard Haseltine said:

having that many content directories is strongly not recommended.

Why ?

For one thing, when trying to resolve a relative path (e.g. /runtime/textures/somefolder/somefile.jpg) DS will match the path against each content directory until it finds a match - with a lot of content directories that is potentially going to take a long time, at least for later additions. (Connect uses the CMS database to avoid this issue.)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Richard Haseltine said:

As far as I can see the only thing not covered by DIM is the option to install every product to its own folder,

And that only insomuch as you need yo go into the setting and change target directories by hand for each installation.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited September 2021

Ascania said:

Richard Haseltine said:

As far as I can see the only thing not covered by DIM is the option to install every product to its own folder,

And that only insomuch as you need yo go into the setting and change target directories by hand for each installation.

Daz Studio won't load them, that means I must add the folder for each product in Content Directory Manager too.

Not only Daz3D Shop, I'm still looking for a way to organize the content of Renderosity and the other shops.

Post edited by Noah LGP on