Help needed for fluid for an IV Bag and final touches

Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
edited January 2015 in Carrara Discussion

I’m almost done with my I.V. Bag but I couldn’t seem to get the fluid to look right. I’m using the default “Calm Water Complex” Shader, if you have any suggestions that might help, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Ringers_IV.jpg
640 x 480 - 50K
Post edited by Turk_WLF on

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited January 2015

If you would replace water by wine, we would see it surely better… and it would be healthier !
    Seriously, these pockets consist of thick plastic and they almost don't contain air thus, it is very difficult to see a liquid like water inside.
    Wine, I say you !
    For me, your render looks realistic, but if you want to push a little the transparence of the bag...

Post edited by DUDU on
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure what look you're going for....

If you do a google search on "iv bag", then click "images" there are many different "looks" in iv bags. Some are very clear plastic and you can see the water, some are opaque white and you can't.

I don't see any water in the image you posted, and the bag looks kinda flat, not filled with water. And the bag looks pretty opaque.

So I'm not sure what you want.... :)

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited January 2015

Turk_WLF said:
    I’m almost done with my I.V. Bag but I couldn’t seem to get the fluid to look right. I’m using the default “Calm Water Complex” Shader, if you have any suggestions that might help, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

I don't seem to have that same water in my presets so I can't check how it is set up, but I have a Calm Water GI which is probably pretty close and in the shader, under Refraction, the IOR is set to Water... you might try changing that to one of the other liquid settings (30% sugar maybe). It probably won't have a huge effect but it would at least be more realistic. :)

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_refractive_indices) Water has an IOR of 1.333 and a 10% Glucose Solution has an IOR of 1.3477.

The water settings for the preset I have also have a lot of blue in the Color channel and some noise in the Bump channel - if yours does also you might set the color to None since the stuff in IV bags is perfectly clear and maybe set the Bump to None as well since I think that is meant to represent surface waves, which still water in a hanging bag would not have.

None of that is going to create a very dramatic difference but it might be a little better.

Mark

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

..., and the bag looks kinda flat, not filled with water. And the bag looks pretty opaque.

It does look like one of those bags look when it starts to go down - the top kind of flattens as the liquid goes down, although the filled part would still be rounder, so I agree on that part.

I think it looks opaque because it is rendered against a grey background - if there were some objects behind it it might be easier to see how the plastic and liquid are looking.

Mark