Convert Genesis skins to Genesis 2 Male?

spiralmirrorspiralmirror Posts: 3
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've been searching the forums for an answer to this with no luck. I want to use a set of skins that are made for genesis (Xenoskins) on a genesis 2 male figure. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Absolutely. Genesis 2 can load Genesis skins as long as they're in .duf format, and the readme says that set is. Dariofish does really nice work in general, too.

In case you want to use older stuff, too (it goes on sale a lot), the general rule is:

If a skin is in .dsf format, you have to load it onto G1 and resave it to library as a .duf before it can load on Genesis 2. Sometimes I've even had to copy it from Genesis, paste it onto G2, and then save it that way (I had to do this with Jepe's Jewels and Tears to use it on G2). You need to have purchased any UVs that are relevant, as for instance the V4 for G2F one for most of Dariofish's items.

• spiralmirrorspiralmirror Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the quick response! Yes Dariofish has nice stuff for sure. I will let you know how it goes Thanks for the information, much appreciated!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the quick response! Yes Dariofish has nice stuff for sure. I will let you know how it goes Thanks for the information, much appreciated!

Happy to help!