Daz installer behave odly

HogyoHogyo Posts: 59
edited January 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there
I have just bought a brand new PC just for DAZ.
once the installer in place I have started to download my daz purchases (maybe 6 or 7 GB) and I did not give any indication to where put the rough files and the ones that are installed.
strangly the installer started to download exactly the same files in two different places and to install them in two different folders in the same time. one in my documents and one in the public documents. Why is it so?

by the way I remember when I installed genesis 1 figures they where a bit touchy about where to go. What is the right place for them?

:)
thank you

Post edited by Hogyo on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076
    edited December 1969

The Install Manager should install to only one location, by default that's the \My DAZ 3D Library in the Public Documents folder. The zips go in the \DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads folder in the Public Documents folder by default.

• HogyoHogyo Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Thanks
    This tells me what it should do but no why it behave badly.
    I did not touch anything of the defaulrt settings::shut:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you sure the downloads and installed files are actually in two different places? For example, when you go to Libraries > Documents in Windows it displays the contents of both the account documents and shared documents.

• HogyoHogyo Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Yes you are right the second location was "documents" in the the library everything is fine then..