Carrara 8.5 Huion Bug

I been having issues with Carrara 8.5 not launching tried everything I saw a comment on youtube that uninstill Huion display driver and boom it worked, Carrara opened fine. when I instilled my driver again for the huion carrara stopped working. is there a way to report this bug like that is redicilious if I have to uninstill my drivers every time I want to open Carrara.

Huion tablet: Kamvas gt-191

Comments

• submit a ticket to DAZ

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

make sure you are signed in before you go to that link or you will be tortured by CAPTCHA cheeky

don't hold any expectations though, the general response to anything is Carrara is no longer in active development 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited September 2021

just a long shot

but in Preferences under General

tick

Graphic Tablets compatibility mode

or if it is ticked untick it 

restart Carrara

probably won't do anything to help but it's the only option I can think of other than getting a Wacom Tablet cool

Post edited by Stezza on
  • Stezza said:

just a long shot

but in Preferences under General

tick

Graphic Tablets compatibility mode

or if it is ticked untick it 

restart Carrara

probably won't do anything to help but it's the only option I can think of other than getting a Wacom Tablet cool

nope that didnt work I have a few wacom tablets but my huion if a graphic display for my computer

• dustinmeyer1234dustinmeyer1234 Posts: 120
    edited September 2021

ill keep an eye and if I find any other fix ill post it here 

Post edited by dustinmeyer1234 on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

dustinmeyer1234 said:

Some people say that huion display tablet causes conflict with Carrara, and Carrara never runs with it.

• Vyusur said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

Some people say that huion display tablet causes conflict with Carrara, and Carrara never runs with it.

yeah when I remove the driver it works when I instill it it crashes guess can use carrara on my main computer  

• PGrePGre Posts: 95

for anyone searching the forums to troubleshoot... I have the opposite problem with my Huion tablet. Carrara won't run if the Huion driver is not also running.

I think the tablet driver has to be uninstalled for Carrara to work..

must be a dll conflict or something happening... indecision

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I have had that issue since around 2017 and DAZ has never responded to theticket I submitted it just got closed.

• As much as I don;t want to admit it, but looks like even reporting bugs is  a time waste currently. Looks like Carrara is abandoned project by DAZ3D. It is collecting dust somewhere in the shelf.  All we can do for now is just enjoy it till it works on modern OS versions and feel like those guys who enjoy antiques. Just don't erase the Carrara Installer, it might become a valuable and unique asset in a collection of once really cool software. 

Wish full thinking, I hope DAZ3D will surprise us with a new innovative version of Carrara. But appears to be one in a million chance. 

• still got this issue such a same they cant even update this simple bug

• talked to support they are not planning on updating Carrara any time soon should have a warning label on it saying not compatiable with Huion software..Bryce still works but Carrara doesnt...

I wonder what the conflict is.. does it happen with Carrara 8 or 7 ?

• Stezza said:

I wonder what the conflict is.. does it happen with Carrara 8 or 7 ?

yeah I wonder as well when I unstill the driver for the huion it works fine but to have to uninstill my drawing display each time I boot up carrara get annoying. I even booted it up and enabled tablet display in the setting reinstilled my driver and no dice, ran in compatablity mode as well with no luck. 

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 179

Does it also happen with Daz Studio? The conflict might be in a Qt framework.