Question about the Daz 3d to UE 4 bridge.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me precisely the settings the bridge uses to send to UE4. For example if I only set my content directory and name and hit the bridge it instantly sends I assume an FBX of some kind to Unreal, which Unreal sees and then prompts the FBX import window with its own settings.

How can I manually send to UE an FBX with those exact settings that I would normally be getting from the bridge? I would like to know the proper settings to use, thanks!

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

usa423_6c467e3e09 said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me precisely the settings the bridge uses to send to UE4. For example if I only set my content directory and name and hit the bridge it instantly sends I assume an FBX of some kind to Unreal, which Unreal sees and then prompts the FBX import window with its own settings.

How can I manually send to UE an FBX with those exact settings that I would normally be getting from the bridge? I would like to know the proper settings to use, thanks!

when you use daz to unreal bridge to export a character or others 3d meshes it create a "directory" in the place you choose(or the default it create) then that mesh can be reimported at anytime to unreal even others projects.

now if you are talking about a new mesh, then some settings like "target morphs" are "stored" in the pluging which means any other mesh which use those setting will also be exported with then aslong you using the bridge. 

• In under the Advanced Settings in Daz Studio there's an option to show the FBX Export options before export.  There's also a similar setting for the plugin on the Unreal side that will bring up the FBX dialog before import.  In both cases, I think these will show up with the same settings that the plugin will use already set except that I haven't figured out how to set the Skeleton in the FBX Import dialog in Unreal, so you need to set that by hand if you use the setting.

That should allow you to see what settings are used.  Alternatively, you could look in the code for what is being set.

David Vodhanel said:

In under the Advanced Settings in Daz Studio there's an option to show the FBX Export options before export.  There's also a similar setting for the plugin on the Unreal side that will bring up the FBX dialog before import.  In both cases, I think these will show up with the same settings that the plugin will use already set except that I haven't figured out how to set the Skeleton in the FBX Import dialog in Unreal, so you need to set that by hand if you use the setting.

That should allow you to see what settings are used.  Alternatively, you could look in the code for what is being set.

hello since you are here and talking about the bridge today i found a bug relative to "hd", it's seens the changes you did don't worked well or something is being made wrong, maybe due to the file you put to download only have the unreal side of the bridge and is missing the daz pluging side, its causing the old bug

it's seens which something is wrong, it is for the 4.27 test version the last version.

also since we are there if you can and not already looked take a look at my post about the pose bug i've found new interesting stuffs today about it

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/512186/help-to-fix-a-really-annoying-pose-bug-in-unreal-from-daz-if-anyone-know-a-good-way-to-fix-it

when we can expectate a "final version" to be available for 4.27? any news about the final release? 

• I don't now if the Daz Github has a release version of 4.27 built yet.  The lasest builds in my Github should work with the release version of 4.27

https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToRuntime/releases

For the error you're seeing that could be a mistmatch between my version and the Daz version.  The two depots aren't lined up exactly at the moment.  I'm sure that'll get resolved soon though.  Just make sure you're using the Daz Studio plugin that goes with the Unreal plugin you're using.  I verified last night that both depots do include the Daz Studio plugin in the release.  I've got information about where to find it here:

https://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-manually-updating/

edited September 2021

David Vodhanel said:

I don't now if the Daz Github has a release version of 4.27 built yet.  The lasest builds in my Github should work with the release version of 4.27

https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToRuntime/releases

For the error you're seeing that could be a mistmatch between my version and the Daz version.  The two depots aren't lined up exactly at the moment.  I'm sure that'll get resolved soon though.  Just make sure you're using the Daz Studio plugin that goes with the Unreal plugin you're using.  I verified last night that both depots do include the Daz Studio plugin in the release.  I've got information about where to find it here:

https://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-manually-updating/

what i means is the "zip" file here a image:

as you can see the zip file only have the "unreal side of the bridge" it's missing the "daz side"

here the last one released by daz:

as you can see it have the "engine files and the "daz studio files" this one is the official release your test release don't come with the "daz" part at last i'm unable to find it in the zip file from here:

this daztounreal.zip come only with the "engine part of the bridge where's the "daz studio" part of the bridge??? 

to be more clear i means where the dll which need to be added to daz studio?? the dzunrealbridge.dll which we need to add in the "plugging on daz side.

the updateed dll for the studio is not present on the zip file it's only have the unreal side of the bridge not the daz too.

Post edited by Ellessarr on

ok nvm i managed to find the dll and now it's exporting "high resolutions but i would say don't export a character bigger than maybe level 2 at best level 3 it is really "heavy" lv 3 and 4 it can cause a lot of issues a too high resolution character.

now the issue is on the hds, if you "delete meshes to remove "pockeway" it can effect the mesh when retargeting and give some issues like the one in the images i've posted before here:

this is a level 2 subidivison as we see it get artifacts but it's only happens if you "break the mesh into pieces, a full body mesh works fine

this one is working normal let's try another test:

yeah the same issue, it's  seens if you "export it on pieces" it break the 'weight, the previous version with the lv 1 didn't have this issue but this one is having the issue.

• I'll have to look into that.