Girl 4 Eye Problem

QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361

I wanted to the Girl 4 in a scene.

The problem is her eyes seem to be stuck! Has anyone seen this before or have a solution?

I'm using Poser 9

Here is a picture. Thank you for your help.

-Robin the Rookie

GirlEyesWrong.jpg
973 x 824 - 24K
Post edited by Quietrob on

Comments

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Further testing shows that the body changes but not the face! I'm not sure what files I must be missing.

Thanks again for any help.

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319
    edited December 1969

This almost always happens because you have Victoria 4 in multiple runtimes. V4 and all related morphs (including Girl4) have to be in the same runtime to work properly.

edited December 1969

Crescent said:
    This almost always happens because you have Victoria 4 in multiple runtimes. V4 and all related morphs (including Girl4) have to be in the same runtime to work properly.

This is true. So I'll delete it from my external runtime and install it to the root. i.e. Poser 9/ runtime/libraries/character and Poser 9/ runtime/libraries/pose.

Pity, I like using the external runtimes and keeping my base (root) runtime almost empty save for Terradome 1. I'll try it and report back.

Thank you so much Crescent. (Cool name btw)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

quietrob said:
    Crescent said:

This is true. So I'll delete it from my external runtime and install it to the root. i.e. Poser 9/ runtime/libraries/character and Poser 9/ runtime/libraries/pose.

Pity, I like using the external runtimes and keeping my base (root) runtime almost empty save for Terradome 1. I'll try it and report back.

Thank you so much Crescent. (Cool name btw)

It can be in an external runtime, just as long as there is only one "Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder in all your Runtimes.

edited December 1969

I deleted all V4 from all runtimes then redownloaded V4.

My problem remained.

I searched my archives (I'm a digital hoarder. I rarely delete anything. I always archive instead then use the FREE gary fast search utitily to find old content. Searching via windows search is like living in bedrock. I prefer the jetsons. I found the EXE file and used that. The zip file doesn't let you initialize Vicky 4. The EXE file does.

Now with V4 in my external runtime, I added the morph packages to her, testing at each stage and awww so sweet!

I just wanted to let everyone know what to do. The EXE file worked. The Zip file didn't when it came to V4 and the Girl 4 injection.

Thanks for all of your help!

Finished results are shown here.

GirlEyesright.jpg
    806 x 824 - 45K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

The zip files will be the most up to date version so it would be better to use them. If you install with DIM it will do the initializing otherwise you have to run the batch file in Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ manually, morph sets not from DAZ will probably require initializing manually.

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    The zip files will be the most up to date version so it would be better to use them. If you install with DIM it will do the initializing otherwise you have to run the batch file in Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ manually, morph sets not from DAZ will probably require initializing manually.

Thanks. I didn't know there was a batch file that I had to run when installing Generation 4 Victoria. I think most users are like me in that they just unzip the file into their runtime and go. If it's so necessary, I think it would be best to display a message letting them know about the batch file. It could be just above the content in the product library. I love DAZ content and the support. It's quality is just superb but if you are a Poser user then you can get roughed up when installing V4. Since I have you on the line and you seem to be easily more knowledgeable than I regarding the DIM. Do I still need V4 in my runtime since I have V4.2 installed? In fairness to DAZ, my recent problem seems only to be with G4. Aiko 4 scaled properly.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

V4.2 is an update to V4 so you don't need V4. Anytime you add an ExP system morph or morphs pack you will need to run the initializer. I prefer to install DAZ's gen 4 figures in the own runtime library so it is easier to find the batch files.