I must be screwing up my Bryce 7 PRO installation... or???

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hello all,

I've been running Bryce 7 PLE for quite a while. Yesterday I bought Bryce 7 PRO and downloaded the installs.
The strange thing is, after install I am still getting Bryce 7 PLE on startup.
What am I doing wrong?

When I went to install Bryce 7 PRO, it asked to uninstall PLE, which seems the right thing to do.
Then it went ahead with PRO installation and seemed fine.
I then clicked on the Bryce icon and the program boots up as PLE.

Help!

Any suggestions welcome!

Helen

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You need to enter the Pro serial number.

• edited February 2015

Well I would if I had it. But as you can see, it's not on my receipt!

Post edited by helenofpeel_e269dcdfca on
  • edited February 2015

Post edited by helenofpeel_e269dcdfca on
  • edited December 1969

Scratch that. I found it.

Thanks!

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,088
    edited February 2015

Click on the little 'dot on a lump' icon top right, on the home page or any store page; from the drop-down box that appears click on 'My Account'. Then click on 'Serial Numbers'. You should see an entry for Hexagon 2.5.

Hexagon seems to be a bit finicky; I tried pasting mine in a couple of times and finally had to just type it in to make it work.

ETA:
    Apologies for those who read this later, since you found what you needed. I just built a new system and re-installed everything and had Hexagon on my mind - for 'Hexagon' in the first two paragraphs read 'Bryce' and it will show up as 'Bryce 7 Pro' in the serial numbers.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,294
    edited December 1969

Bryce 7.1 PLE and Bryce 7.1 Pro are the same programs. PLE (personal learning edition) has a couple of options inhibited and they can be enabled by entering the Pro serial, then quit and restart Bryce and you have the Pro version running.