GoZ failed to load

Hi guys, I am having this issue. Both my Daz Studio and Zbrush, and GoZ for Daz are on the latest version, somehow the GoZ plugin always fails to load.

My Daz Studio is: 4.15.0.2, 64bit Pro.

My ZBrush is 2021.7.1

My GoZ for Daz is "GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.15+ (Win 64-bit)" that I just uninstalled and reinstalled.

I restarted all the programs many times, still shows failed to load. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• The latest DS build is 4.15.0.30

• In addition to what Richard said above me, why bother with what looks like a separate plugin in the first place? DS supports GoZ out of the box as far as I can tell, see attached screenshot, and it works perfectly with ZBrush 2021. There's no need to install any extra stuff.

daz_plugs.jpg
    712 x 587 - 46K
  • Thanks guys. I updated my DS, now it works.

Hi ShellLuser, when the GoZ is not successfully loaded, it will show dzgoz. Once it is loaded, it will show GoZ. I think what you saw is the same as mine that had a problem loading. Does this plugin come with the original installation? I don't remember. But I don't remember seeing it before installing the plugin.

• onyxlee_9b3cce7f35 said:

Thanks guys. I updated my DS, now it works.

Hi ShellLuser, when the GoZ is not successfully loaded, it will show dzgoz. Once it is loaded, it will show GoZ. I think what you saw is the same as mine that had a problem loading. Does this plugin come with the original installation? I don't remember. But I don't remember seeing it before installing the plugin.

The fuilename is dzgoz.dll/dzgoz.dylib - the internal name is GoZ.

• ShelLuser said:

In addition to what Richard said above me, why bother with what looks like a separate plugin in the first place? DS supports GoZ out of the box as far as I can tell, see attached screenshot, and it works perfectly with ZBrush 2021. There's no need to install any extra stuff.

GoZ is a separate installer, it isn't part of the base footprint (for one thing, only one version of DS can have GoZ installed at any time).

• Richard Haseltine said:

ShelLuser said:

In addition to what Richard said above me, why bother with what looks like a separate plugin in the first place? DS supports GoZ out of the box as far as I can tell, see attached screenshot, and it works perfectly with ZBrush 2021. There's no need to install any extra stuff.

GoZ is a separate installer, it isn't part of the base footprint (for one thing, only one version of DS can have GoZ installed at any time).

I'm not too sure about that to be honest, but I could be overlooking something here. Thing is: I installed Daz Studio ages ago, then installed the updates/upgrades. Eventually I could afford ZBrush (I'm quite a fan ;)), installed that and I don't recall installing anything extra to make this connection work. ZBrush just recognized Daz Studio instantly, I never did anything special that I can remember (it is over a year ago, but still).

Anyway, I did some digging just now and noticed the separate GoZ plugin, but that store page also tells you that it's part of the Daz Studio bundle, as such my previous comment: as far as I can tell GoZ is included with DS by default.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It is part of the bundle but is still a separate installed plug-in.

• Confirmed because I do not have Zbrush, nor did I run the separate installer - and I do not have that driver in the list of available plug-ins.

• Update: July 2022

I tried everything on this page and then some nothing worked, even after completely reinstalling Zbrush and Daz. The problem began when I updated my Zbrush to the latest 2022 version. I tried DIM and deactivating the plugin and many other things.

What did work? In the c:\program files\pixologic folder there were folders for more than one Zbrush (Zbrush 2019, Zbrush 2020 etc). So I put a shortcut in every non 2022 folder called "Zbrush" that pointed to the Zbrush.exe file in the "Zbrush 2022" folder. Everything worked after that.

For whatever reason DAZ insisted on pointing to an older version of Zbrush which I had uninstalled. The shortcut simply pointed to the latest version. DAZ really needs to allow the user to change the directories if the location of Zbrush changes.

Screenshot 2022-07-03 205211.png
    793 x 180 - 11K
  • As I ubnderstand it Daz Studio does not point directly to the goZ application, that is handled by the files and folders in Public Documents. Uninstalling and reinstalling would not touch settings like these.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

Richard is fully correct about his assesment. It's also important to note that "Go ZBrush" is a technology developed by Pixologic so... Daz Studio isn't really 'doing' anything here.

I've also had minor issues when I upgraded to 2022, the best thing to do (IMO of course):

• Make sure ZBrush isn't running.
    • Go to "C:\Users\Public\Pixologic", in specific the GoZBrush subfolder.
    • Check "GoZ_Config.txt" to see if that points to the right ZBrush installation.

When it doesn't then I strongly suggest you don't start mucking around yourself. Instead, trash the entire Pixologic folder by renaming it into something else like "Pixologic.tmp". Then fire up ZBrush. This will re-create the whole GoZ infrastructure, but... just in case we're going to force a few things as well:

• Within ZBrush go to: Preferences => GoZ and use "Force reinstall".
    • Next use the other option: "Update all paths".

This should do 2 things... first, from a ZBrush "pov", it should detect and set up Daz Studio as a "GoZ application", so after all is done you should be able to 'GoZ' items over into Daz Studio. You can easily try this by adding a polymesh into ZBrush, then try to "GoZ" it over. If all goes well then Daz Studio should be started and your active polymesh gets added to your current DS scene.

But then this should also tell Daz Studio about ZBrush. So... try the other way around as well; close ZBrush, add a figure to your new scene (like a Genesis actor or a prop) and then 'GoZ' this over.

If this doesn't work try hitting F2 while in Daz Studio, check the "Bridges" tab, and be sure to enable the "Update path" option there. Note that this is usually not needed. Then re-start Daz Studio and try again. Worst case scenario: look for the "DazStudio64" subfolder in the previous Pixologic folder, look in the "GoZApps" subfolder; move this over to the new Pixologic folder.

That should do the trick, no need to manually mess around with config files or symlinks or whatever.