Creating Morph Targets In Carrara for Poser. ?

mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hey Guys,
I am building a model in Carrara that will be used in Poser and I wanted some morph targets on it. So , after trying many unsuccessful attempts to get an obj morph target into Poser that works properly I started to try and hunt down a tutorial on this. I finally found a tutorial that showed how it is done , I don't know who did the tutorial but here is the link . I hope some of you will find this useful because I know I did .
Here is an image of the model in its early stages, it is a hover or sky bike. It is a 2 seater but I think I will have a single seat version as well.

http://www.geocities.ws/porsche_carrara/Morphtargets1.htm

PrelimModel1.jpg
900 x 650 - 37K

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link. Will there be a version with a sidecar? Cant wait to see the finished version.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited February 2015

Here is an update to the model , still have to fix the windshield and front handle bars but it is coming along. I was fearing the 2 seater would look a little mundane or blah but I think it is looking okay. I still have to add the gravity arms which is how this is supposed to be propelled.

PrelimModel2.jpg
    900 x 730 - 53K
    Post edited by mmoir on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

Looking good so far

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Nice...I'd like to see what the underlying mesh looks like...

BTW, are those machine gun barrels on the front, or just pitot tubes? :) :)

edited December 1969

I envisioned them to be some sort of laser or phaser type gun , machine gun would work too. Here is a screen grab of the mesh.

Nice...I'd like to see what the underlying mesh looks like...

BTW, are those machine gun barrels on the front, or just pitot tubes? :) :)

MeshForModel.jpg
    900 x 588 - 72K
    edited December 1969

Hey guys,

Here is the model fairly close to being done, I have simple textures on it with no uv mapping . I will have morph targets to extend/contract the gravity arms, recoil the guns ,open the storage under the back seat and turn the handle bars. I do plan on releasing this as a Daz product iin Carrara and Poser format.

PrelimModel3.jpg
    900 x 603 - 54K
    edited February 2015

Why turn the handlebars? I believe this vehicle will be designed in the year 2107, many years after anti-gravity vehicle autopilot was developed. Just punch in your destination and sit back.

Or just use the built-in "Mind Control 200x" controller in your helmet that translates your directions into control responses in the anti-gravity drive system.

Oh, and you forgot the anti-gravity engines. They're fairly large :)

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Is it a robo-horse? Legs are a bit spindly, but I imagine it can get up a decent gallop... ;)

edited December 1969

Yeah, mmoir, honestly I think if you're gonna release it as a product the anti gravity spindly legs are, well, kinda goofy. The don't scream "cool, awesome, high speed jet machine rocket thingy !!!" It looks kinda like a Davey and Goliath cartoon when Goliath slides on the ice and his legs get all spread out... :) :)

edited December 1969

I was going to release a single seat version which will look sleeker, although I could tweak this one as well. :)

Yeah, mmoir, honestly I think if you're gonna release it as a product the anti gravity spindly legs are, well, kinda goofy. The don't scream "cool, awesome, high speed jet machine rocket thingy !!!" It looks kinda like a Davey and Goliath cartoon when Goliath slides on the ice and his legs get all spread out... :) :)
    edited February 2015

Here is a tweaked version , I also lowered the smoothing level and added some geometry. The mesh was too large so I tried to optimize the mesh a little.

PrelimModel4Tweak.jpg
    900 x 650 - 52K
    Post edited by mmoir on