how to activate collision detection? does ds have collision detection?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited February 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

sometimes the ground is wavy. trying to make genesis make contact sitting on the ground.

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2015

is there collision detection in ds?
    i just assumed.

first his hip would need to collision detect with the ground, then pose his feet, the feet would then need to collision detect on the ground.

or, start with the feet, collision detect. then use ikey on and pose his hip on the ground , collision detect?

(feet should stay put with ikey on?)

never realized how complicated it is, lol :lol:

Post edited by Mistara on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Sounds like you want something like soft body physics and bullet physics ... ouch
    Even PoserPro2014 - which has something similar to that built in - is not really good at what you want.

edited December 1969

i wanted to pose genesis laying on his side on wavy grass ground. by the campfire in Merlin's Oak.

he's floating above the ground cuz it's hard to eyeball.
    so even if collision detection would stop his hip from sinking through the ground,
    the side of his foot still would have to hit the ground, cause the ground isn't flat.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

One option might be to get the figure roughly positioned, then split the viewport and put one view in hidden line view mode looking at the underside of the ground. The adjust the pose until the bits in contact just start to show through in the hidden line pane.

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited February 2015

There is no collision detection in Daz Studio. You can use CTL+D to bring the figure's closest part to the floor.

Post edited by chorse on
    edited December 1969

well, that's prolly why i couldn't find the toggle for it. :lol: thanks