Architools plugin - Is this normal?

WheatpennyWheatpenny Posts: 31
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I bought the architools plug-in for Carrara years ago when I had Carrara 5. I recently re-downloaded it for Carrara 8.5. I'm using the 64-bit installation of Carrara, and I installed the 64-bit Architools.
Now for the problem: whenever I start Carrara it asks for the ArchiTools serial number. When I was using the 32-bit version with Carrara 5, and Carrara 8 standard, I only had to enter the serial number once, the first time I started Carrara after I installed Architools, but now I have to enter the serial number every time I use it. Is this a peculiarity of the 64 bit version, or is it some new ultra-paranoid anti-piracy feature that has been added to the latest build, or what? Or is there a way to make it stop doing that?

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Some people have made it stop by running Carrara as an administrator, enter the serial number, and it goes away. That didn't work for me and I just ignore it unless I plan to use Architools.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited April 2015

It's an ANCIENT issue that existed since 2012. The problem is DAZ3D store bought and DIM installed version remains un-updated. While they work out who is responsible, the customers pay with PRECIOUS time and AVOIDABLE frustration.

Wasted my time using the Admistrator route which didn't work. Wasted my typing energy, copy pasting serial number multiple times (and because it is old you have to chop up the damn serial into 4 little numeric chunk EACH TIME) back and forth between open programs just to troubleshoot?

A very basic issue... Grrrrl. I wasn't planning to put up with the click and type round every time I launch Carrara just to have the option to use a plugin. I was about to give up before I decided to Google the solution for the third time. The answer lied in a 2012 topic!

Solution:

Uninstall it. Then resintall the updated one that works. Adminstrator installation not necessary. Just copy and paste the 3 extension files into extension folder. Done.

http://www.inagoni.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.14

Apparently Advanced Pack same drama.

Post edited by Mythmaker on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

odd it worked for me as administrator