Problem GOZ to Daz open it in new windows

dranas2010dranas2010 Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello
I have this problem

I go from daz3d to zbrush and the when i want to go back to daz3d from zbrush , it go but it open a new windows daz3d application not the same one .

Please help

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,123
    edited December 1969

Check the path for DS in ZBrush - Preferences>GoZ. It sometimes gets confused.

• dranas2010dranas2010 Posts: 2
    edited February 2015

it is correct.

I t go to daz3d but it open in new windows and leave the original one as is and every time i click go it open new windows
    i

Post edited by dranas2010 on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Do you have more than one version of DAZ Studio (DAZ 3D is the company name) on your computer, or do you have the same DAZ Studio in two different places perhaps? You want to make sure you only have one copy if you have two of the same. If you have two different versions, you'll need to make sure GoZ is set to the primary version you use.

• dranas2010dranas2010 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I have two version daz3d 64 and 86

1st i have only daz3d 64 then this problem start to appear
    so i install daz3d 86 , and it work fine in daz3d 86 , then i saved the model in zbrush as a z-tool , then i try to get back to daz3d and it take the mode as new one but not opened a new windows , i,e. i can't export the morph , then i cloth every thing and i try to get model from daz 86 to zbrush and when i get back it open in new windows

and now it does not work on both

I

- uninstall Goz for daz not working
    - uninstall daz3d 64 not working

edited December 1969

I have two version daz3d 64 and 86

1st i have only daz3d 64 then this problem start to appear
    so i install daz3d 86 , and it work fine in daz3d 86 , then i saved the model in zbrush as a z-tool , then i try to get back to daz3d and it take the mode as new one but not opened a new windows , i,e. i can't export the morph , then i cloth every thing and i try to get model from daz 86 to zbrush and when i get back it open in new windows

and now it does not work on both

I

- uninstall Goz for daz not working
    - uninstall daz3d 64 not working

Please note: DAZ 3D is the company, not the name of the program. The program is DAZ Studio. There is a 32 bit and a 64 bit version, but no 86 bit version. You use the 32 or 64 bit version depending on whether your system is 32 or 64 bit, but not both. You should uninstall the version that does not match your system.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,123
    edited December 1969

Although it may be at the root of the problem here, you can have the 32 and 64 bit versions of DS installed though you shouldn't use both at once. GoZ, however, I am not sure about - you certainly can't have beta and release versions both installed. Try uninstalling both versions of GoZ, then reinstall only the 64 bit version. Does that work?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I believe you can only have one version of GoZ installed, so the last one you install will uninstall the previous one(s).

edited December 1969

Richard and Mike are both correct. It is more, as I understand it, that you can't have GoZ in both versions, if you have the 32 and 64 bit, if that is what you have.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Right. You need to choose which version you want to use GoZ with and make sure that is the only version with the dzgoz.dll file in the plugins folder. To do that, you can either manually delete one of the files or let DIM uninstall the version you are not using (my recommendation)

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Are you sure they have updated to the 64Bit r7 version ???
    I lied just tried it then worked no problems !!!
    didn't have to configure anything.

• ratus69_c6741fefbfratus69_c6741fefbf Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

got the same problem with only 32 bit version installed

reinstall of goz didn't fix the issue but reinstall of daz 32 bit did the trick !!