How to add daz file to poser

I have purchased a product for daz which is also stated as useable in poser. I cant figure out how to get it to show in poser. How is this done?

Comments

• What is the product? In the absence of any other information I would think it likely that it needs the DSON Importer plug-in for Poser (which does not work in the latest version) - if so then you would usually need to install the core and the PoserCF to get Poser library files with which to trigger the importer.

• Thanks for your comment.

This is the product. https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/capable/141009/ ;

I am sorry to say I have no idea what you are talking about here "DSON Importer plug-in for Poser (which does not work in the latest version) - if so then you would usually need to install the core and the PoserCF to get Poser library files with which to trigger the importer."

I am not familar with any of the terminology used or processes you suggested there. I do have the latest version of poser.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

rolffimages_582e90a461 said:

I have purchased a product for daz which is also stated as useable in poser. I cant figure out how to get it to show in poser. How is this done?

You navigate to the Poser materials folders shown in the readme and there you find them

• It seems possible that you don't yet know the difference between a materials pack and an actual clothing mesh pack. The product page states that you also need to own the various Daz "Medieval Cloaks for Genesis" variants, to use it in DAZ. You have not purchased the actual clothing, just some add-on materials for it.

• edited September 2021

Martirilla said:

It seems possible that you don't yet know the difference between a materials pack and an actual clothing mesh pack. The product page states that you also need to own the various Daz "Medieval Cloaks for Genesis" variants, to use it in DAZ. You have not purchased the actual clothing, just some add-on materials for it.

I know very little about using many of these things. I purchased the base object and moved it to the poser 12 folder. Still no luck. I can find my way around poser so far as posing and texture maps, some experence with cloth in poser, some experieince with importing and exporting but thats about it. Base product here.  https://www.daz3d.com/iconic-mfd-bundle-2-for-genesis-8-females

If someone can create for me a simple hooded cloak with arms, no designs or texurres needed, that I can easily use in poser Im willing to pay. But I need it fast.

Post edited by rolffimages_582e90a461 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

If it's built for DAZ Studio DO NOT move files around or they will be unusable.  I'd suggest you use DAZ Studio's built in FBX exporter.  

Set up your scene the way you want and go to File>Export> choose FBX from the drop down menu.  

Plus you do know that the Morphing Fantasy Dress was originally made for Poser!  SO here is the link to all the products for it here:

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?pp=40&q=Morphing+Fantasy+Dress&software%5B%5D=Poser&s=score&p=1&guid=561ee233-278e-489f-bd41-75312fc31535