fur shaders corrupting scene 4.0.3.47 x64 confirm/deny ?

edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I just found out that if I use the fur shaders http://www.daz3d.com/shop/furify-fur-shaders on an object, then save the scene, close the scene, and open the scene, I get:

Error setting pointers while reading file D:/DazProjects/file23.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000.

The scene is now corrupt, and three hours of work down the toilet... This is yet another awesome thing that happens with version 47, and did not happen with version 36. I am in awe of the colossal mistake I made upgrading to version 47.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 1969

Apparently this was reported last year on ticket 0044852, but they haven't found a way around it yet. Would be nice if someone could put a warning with the product... could have saved me three hours... :/

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I haven't installed 47 yet...due to time constraints mainly.

So unfortunately can't help until at least next weekend... :down:

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    I haven't installed 47 yet...due to time constraints mainly.

So unfortunately can't help until at least next weekend... :down:

Looks like we crossposted and you found the answer...one question wouldn't you be better off with 4.5?

I've downloaded but again haven't had time to install it yet...

• mark_193b7cb0e5mark_193b7cb0e5 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

There was a thread on the old forum about this. It boiled down to the fact that the shader needed some un-used bricks removed from it's definition.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

mvirtue said:
    There was a thread on the old forum about this. It boiled down to the fact that the shader needed some un-used bricks removed from it's definition.

^This

You need to open up the offending shaders in shader mixer and remove the unlinked rotator brick.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151
    edited December 1969

4.5 in my opinion is allot more stable than .47 so far! Love the new Auto Fit which saves the morphs into the clothing AND no Duplicate ID issue when reloading the converted clothing items! YAY!

• edited December 1969

mvirtue said:

I'm opening the .dbm file with the shader mixer but there are no un-used bricks visible. Any ideas ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,645
    edited December 1969

I think the problem was the collapsed rotator group - in which case expanding it may help. But this is a hazy recollection, not a certainty.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

In shader mixer you can delete the unused rotator brick, its not connected to anything. That will fix it. Be sure to delete it and not just close it :)

• edited December 1969

I'm a complete noob with this because I can't see any bricks that are loose, or the word ""rotator"" anywhere, is it supposed to be here ? (please see attached screen shot).

Thanks

furshader1.gif
    1237 x 820 - 45K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited June 2012

Hey, here's a list of the broken ones:

Brown Cow
    Brown Rabbit
    Leopard1
    Marmot
    Mink Dark
    Shaggy Black

When you go to ShaderMixer, you will see clearly a bit of something that hasn't been connected to anything. It is a box without wires going in or out. Delete box, OK changes, save shader.

Note: Supersuit's shaders (brown fur, white fur) also had the same problem. Good news? After you fix it, the scene should load up just fine.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

awz4158 said:
    I'm a complete noob with this because I can't see any bricks that are loose, or the word ""rotator"" anywhere, is it supposed to be here ? (please see attached screen shot).

Thanks

If the image in this post is your network it looks like it's missing stuff. I would have to check to be sure...it's getting late here. I'll try and remember to check in the morning.
  • edited December 1969

The image posted is what I see on the shader mixer, after loading "fur shader.dbm". This is located where all the shader presets are. Perhaps it's not the correct file to open ¿? -thanks.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,957
    edited December 1969

Opening file Test.daz...
    Error setting pointers while reading file C:/DAZ/Studio3/Scene/Test.daz : C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000
    File read time: 0 min 16.2 sec.
    Building Scene...
    WARNING: Object::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter

Followed by a bucket-load of the Unexpected null messages (50+ pages worth in Notepad), from a scene (Genesis, plus Supersuit, with the Destiny.dsa MAT applied) which was saved, then loaded without shutting DS4P 4.0.3.47 64-bit down first. Checking the .dbm file that I could find showed it to be the same as the image posted above. After applying the texture I also checked what the shader was and, again, got the image abive - no 'lost' brick and no rotator brick.

edited December 1969

awz4158 said:
    The image posted is what I see on the shader mixer, after loading "fur shader.dbm". This is located where all the shader presets are. Perhaps it's not the correct file to open ¿? -thanks.
    I would have expected there to be some point blocks as well. Have you tried reinstalling?
  • edited December 1969

I'll try a download reset at the store, and re-installing, perhaps I have an older version... but I remember this used to work when I got it. Moving up the 4.x versions broke it.

• edited December 1969

Nope, the download reset is exactly the same file I had.

edited December 1969

awz4158 said:
    Nope, the download reset is exactly the same file I had.
    I won't get chance to check until the weekend but if you can wait until then I can check it out for you and see if they work for me. I'm currently running 4.5
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,333
    edited December 1969

Its a known bug in DS4, I think that the problem should be solved in 4.5