[tutorial] how to install manually the daz to unreal bridge without using any daz install program

EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
edited September 2021 in Unreal Discussion

hello guys, here i'm back with one more of my many "tutorials", as aways my intentions is try to help as much as i can the community and as aways "disclame" about my bad english and bla bla bla and srry any trouble.

then going back i've noticining many peoples having issues while "installing" or using for the first time the bridge and most of then used the "old tutorial video as base and it's seens it's a lot outdated then here's my tutorial about how to proper install yourself without using daz central or any other daz program to install the bridge my downloading it manually from the repository source and placing on the right folders to make everything works.

while it maybe not fix all the issues, maybe it can help some peoples with some install issues.

here some important disclaimers

1 - currently we have 2 branchs the "daz oficial branch:

https://github.com/daz3d/DazToRuntime/releases

which is currently a little outdated since its not support the 4.27 and the "unoficial branch more like "test or beta branch from the original pluging creator david:

https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToRuntime/releases

which normally are considered "beta version" which would have bugs and others stuffs then use it with "risk" but at last you get the latest release.

those 2 version have a slight important difference between then, which would be a little trick and important for many peoples to know.

the daz offcial is in a zip file where you normally find 2 files here a image

one is to copy to daz the other to unreal

one important thing before i can continue here, you must have the "basic knowledge" of "copy, paste and open folders of programs using windows and all that basic i'm not gonna teach because i'm pretty sure you have this basic knowledge and not just a "press buttom to install person to everything", right? RIGHT???? RIGHT?????????!!!!, LOL just kidding but you get it right, now going back.

the daz_studio is obvious as the nome says the file you must place in your daz studio installed folder, it will be a pluging then it must be installed in the pluging folder inside daz

this is the dll file inside the zip to go to daz

and this one is the folder where you must place it

you must place it into the "plugings" as the image show, the local disc will be the one where you instaled ofcourse like i've installed mine in E:/ProgramFiles, the root will be the one where you instaled you only have to really pay attention to the "pluging" directory.

disclaimer: i'm gonna use the david version here and it will look a little different because it have the last version add and also a small difference which i will talk later, Another thing this tutorial is more about when you have a "fresh unreal install without a pluging installed, in case you are "updating" and not just installing" maybe you must have do some "extra steps" in case you make some "changes" to the pluging base files like the "skeleton physic asset, then you have to make a "backup" of the modified files before "overwrite" the old version with the new one otherwise you have to do "all the work again" which will be not easy, once you are making the file go back to "it's original state", then pay attention to this "extra step" before updating your old version" make sure you have a copy of the "original file" or you really don't made any big change to the original file and don't need to worry about it and can replace/overwrite anything.

now for the unreal side you will go back to the folder where you unziped the file and open it

you will notice multiple folders for each engine version, choose the one or ones you are working, and open it "one per time", let's go with the 4.27 for now just for the sake of tutorial.

this is the folder you must copy inside the folder where you have the "unreal engine instaled, in this case the 4.27, here mine instalation

the i will open it and will be looking for the plugins folder too as it shows here:, normally you gonna find it inside the engine folder as it shows in the picture:

it's here where you gonna drop the "dead body lol i means the folde you copied from the zip

drop the daztounreal folder here, if it's a fresh install it just will copy if you are "updating" it will ask if you want to "replace"/overwrite all the files just say yes, again before do that make sure to backup any previous edited file you did otherwise you gonna lose the "work" and have to do again., you have to save only what you changed not everything.

now you have the "basic of the install process" and both unreal and daz ready to work with the bridge, later i will add more stuffs.

edit: i've almost forget to talk about the "small difference" between daz version and david, ok, if you are using david version instead of "daz" it not come with the "daz studio" folder as the daz come the dll plugin to add on daz you gonna find inside the daztounreal folder for unreal open it and look for the folder "resources", here you will find the dll file to be copied to the unreal plugin, then in case any zip file you download don't come with the folder daz studio you almost sure to find the dll on this other place.

ok for now i will leave that, later i will explain some extra steps and others stuffs but for now i will leave as this one to make the post don't look to big and split everything in small posts here on this thread.

then cya later guys and have fun.

Post edited by Ellessarr on

Comments