Problem with advance ambient lights not working on genesis 2

craftercrafter Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hello people

Im having a little problem with advance ambient lights not working on genesis 2 when flagged they just come out black have tried several tests to no avail dose not matter what category I flag them with, genesis 1 works as intended I have reinstalled aal its just the same and am now stuck :long: if I don't flag genesis 2 aal works.

any advive would be great

dose aal work on genesis 2 ?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2015

when i dbl clicked a preset, it loaded an advambient light and a advspotlight.

did you use a preset?

i used this one-

Advance_LargeScale.PNG
    407 x 173 - 26K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • craftercrafter Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

hello im using aal by age of armour after some more experimenting it works with the base genesis 2 but not v6, Olympia teen, jaden etc trying to light then separately from the seen.

normally I just set the ambient to 99% and flag that but this dose not work on these characters it is very frustrating lol

edited December 1969

one way around this would be to flag everything in the seen except the figures this works but its going to take a while

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

How are you flagging the surfaces, and which shader is in use on them (it's listed at top-left of the Surface pane when a surface is selected)?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    edited December 1969

There have been several threads about the Advanced Ambient, Spot, and Distant light flagging being broken in DS 4.7. Bug reports have been submitted, but DAZ and AOA have been silent on the issue in the forum, as far as I've seen. One of the best features of these lights no longer works as designed. The products are still sold, though, with no warning about DS 4.7 on the product page.

edited December 1969

well that just sucks >:(
    thank you for the replies