Json Parser error

CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Using DS4.7 I created a new .duf that I updated and resaved a couple of times. When I try to load the file, however, I get
a popup error that says "error reading file, check log file" and the log file has this:

Json Parser (1575711,6): Unhandled exception during parsing.
Error reading file, see log for more details.

(kind of amusing since this is the log)

Is this file hosed, or is there any hope for recovering it? I have not experienced this before.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

I've seen a few like this, it often seems to mean something went wrong with the compression - if you unzip the file (using 7Zip or the like) it will be text for a while, then it will turn to gibberish. It may be helpful to make a bug report, attaching the damaged scene file and your log file. If you are using Windows try right-clicking on the file (after uploading it) and from the menu select Restore Previous Versions - with luck there may be a usable copy you can recover in a system restore point (assuming you don't have back-ups).

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

I checked - no gibberish, although periodically there are big arrays of numerical values. Still, it's all regular text encoding.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341
    edited December 1969

OK, would it be possible to upload it to Dropbox or the like? I still think it's worth a bug report, but if the file isn't actually corrupt someone might be able to spot the breakage and fix it (slim chance, but not non-existent).

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard. In this case it's actually not worth it. I haven't lost anything too important--I can recreate this scene fairly quickly. But I will report it if this keeps happening.