Dual Screens and split Platform controls

I would like to see a way to use dual screens and split the Daz software windows.

I use a laptop and a plug in monitor, my laptop is 14" and my monitor is 21", I would like to use Daz Studio and Bryce where my content and controls are on the laptop and the viewpoint is on the monitor separately. this way I can minimise the laptop control windows whilst I look for stuff, without minimising the viewpoint window.

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

All the Daz panes are undockable. Just click the little icon in the corner of every pane, the four lines with the triangle. Once that's undocked, you can move it wherever you want.

• Alpha01Alpha01 Posts: 160

Yeah I just found undocking and came back to say that.

Although it does minimize with the controls, its better then nothing.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Better than nothing? I wouldn't 'improve' anything as far as multimonitors are concerned

DS 3mon.jpg
    5760 x 1200 - 421K

I am having to re learn alot of the layouts as I have not been using Daz or Bryce for nearly four years now.

Home DIY has been a kick in the teeth as my computer room got turned into a guest room, so my main PC whiich has a three screen setup is now boxed and as I now have a workshop/garage, I got a Lathe and Milling Machine, which has been taking up time learning to use.

But now as most things are done and winter is fast approaching, i am looking to get back into my art work and start designing things in bryce and Daz that I can build in the workshop using the Lathe, Milling Machine and a 3D printer.  

• Someone after my own heart.

My lathe & micro mill are in the unheated workshop, but it's going to get too cold to use them soon. I mostly like to turn custom fountain pens, but the material becomes brittle at below 8C (45F) and can easily disintegrate. Kit pens can go down to 5C (40F) before explosion due to a re-inforcing tube, but I don't like to use them if I can help it. And the 3D printer.. I'm alergic to the resin that's hard enough, and the resin I'm not alergic to is too soft for threads to last when printed in.

Regards,

Richard

I know what you mean about machining in the cold.

My garage is not insulated or heated and I learnt a hard lesson the first year I got everything, when spring came and I went into the garage, rust had started on my bandsaw table surface and I lost a few long mill ends, arbors, face mills and a clamping kit.

So in a couple of weeks I will be cleaning everything down, oiling everything and wrapping everything up in cling film before the first frost comes.

I am using Daz and Bryce to design a layout for my workshop, one of my ideas is to install solar panels on the roof, which will feed to an invertor, storage unit and then to electric underfloor heating in concrete, then insulate the roof and sides.  The idea is to get free energy heating in the workshop so I can eventually setup my computer and art work station.  This way I can have the computer running an rendering big projects and no one can complain about the noise or ask me to turn it off mid render. wink

If this all works well, then I can go back to my three screen setup and large hi 144hz render screen.  oh! the joy, I might even build a bed in the garage lol.