can a spear be broken in half like glass

rigomrtsfxrigomrtsfx Posts: 95
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

hi
when brycetech use to be around there was a page that showed you how to break a spear in half
like it was made out of glass does anyone known the steps how to do this or a link how to with photos , please i forgot its been along time

thank you for your time

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

hi
    when brycetech use to be around there was a page that showed you how to break a spear in half
    like it was made out of glass does anyone known the steps how to do this or a link how to with photos , please i forgot its been along time

thank you for your time

I had the whole thing written out nicely, then I hit the wrong button and lost it. So rather than rewrite it, I figured I'd attempt the "picture is worth a thousand words" approach.

Realize there are probably a dozen different ways to do it, but here is one that comes to my mind immediately.

Below is an image that should tell you more or less what you will need to do. This is assuming you are in command of the terrain editor enough. If you are not, don't fret, just ask away and we will fill in the blanks.

When you finish editing you will simply attach this to the broken ends of the broomsticks, and the look should be acceptably convincing.

Best of luck, please report back with your progress.

Broken_Cylinder.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 498
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if this is the tutorial you're referencing, but if you have Bryce 7, find the content folder, and under Tutorials, there's one by Peter Sharpe call breaking glass, with all the instructions and photos.

Here's a picture of the final product:

If you don't have it, I wonder if it's ok to repost it here?

Art

Fig7.jpg
    334 x 239 - 9K
  • rigomrtsfxrigomrtsfx Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

hi fencepost52
    thats the one i have been looking for : )

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 498
    edited December 1969

That's good news. Do you have it available or shall I upload it for you?