Problems with Super Cape

holden_attradiesholden_attradies Posts: 121
edited February 2015 in New Users

Hey all. I'm still fairly new to the program, so bare with me if my problem is something really simple.

I am having problems with Cape for Super Suit. Here's the page link:
http://www.daz3d.com/super-cape-for-genesis

I am using it with a character that is NOT wearing one of the super suits, I don't know if that matters but I thought I would mention it right away.

The issue I am having is that the lower bit of the cape seems to be connected to the figures legs. The morphs and moves for it work fine unless her legs are bent. When they are the bottom bit flips up so that it is flat with the back of the model's legs. If I try to manually adjust it with any of the sliders when it's like this it does really crazy things like twisting in impossible ways or shooting out in length up above her head.

Right now I have it parented to her neck. Before that I just had it parented to where ever it does when you auto attach it. I'm attaching a quick render of what it looks like when her knees are bent all the way. Any suggestions?

Sorry the lighting is so bad, I hadn't fixed it yet when I took the picture.

004.jpg
333 x 500 - 132K
Post edited by holden_attradies on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

First things first... are you using it on a Genesis figure or did you autofit it to Genesis 2? This distinction is important because autofit tends to redo the bones on capes so that the lower part follows the thighs. By default, the cape shouldn't do this.

• holden_attradiesholden_attradies Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

I did in fact auto fit it onto a genesis 2 figure.

So how do I fix this? Do I need to delete it, reload it and parent it to her neck but not autofit it?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,447
    edited December 1969

So how do I fix this? Do I need to delete it, reload it and parent it to her neck but not autofit it?

Yes, that should work.

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

I had this same problem with my Teen Josie 6 (G2F) character and the cape. Parent but not auto-fit *mostly* fixes it but you will have to do a lot of manual twiddling to get the cape to sit right on her shoulders in certain positions.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Ahh, what I wouldn't give for a decent dynamic cape on G2F...

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

I don't need it to be dynamic. Just to fit the figure and work like the supercape.

• KevmannKevmann Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

I think I found a workaround. I fitted the supercape to another cloth item instead of the G2M figure and it worked great. I tested it with the Supersuit and the M6 Herosuit and worked on both cases.