October 2021 Horrorfest!

Hey all!

Mr. Junk had an excellent suggestion for me to create a thread about this, so here we go!

October is one of my absolute favourite months - I love all things creepy, spooky, scary, gory, gross, and maccabre, and this year I wanted to celebrate it! Basically, I want to render scary stuff, and if you want to do the same, then I want to see it! It's a bit difficult to find specific things in the gallery currently, so I set up a hashtag on twitter #rottenrenders for anyone who wants to join in, and junk suggested I start a thread here as well so we could all post our creepy stuff :)

My plan is to theme every Friday in October as "Freaky Friday", and I'll be uploading a new horror image for each of them. Feel free to do that as well, or just post them at your leisure. I have more images than Fridays already, and I'm still working on more, so I won't be posting ONLY on Fridays. 

So yeah, feel free to join in, or just follow along, and lets all celebrate the horror!

This week's Freaky Friday Frighture has a pretty obvious inspiration. Let's just say: "YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!" (Gallery version available here)

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited October 2021

Titled: A Haunting Love

A Haunting Love.png
    900 x 675 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Welcome to the fun, and thanks for sharing!

That ghost looks great - reminds me of Casper!

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,228
    edited October 2021

I based this one an old Japanese Ghost Story. "Okiku" Little more modern twist to it. If you don't know the story go here. Okiku | Yokai.com

Okiku.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

Great stuff!

Reall cool story, AgitatedRiot - I hadn't heard that one before!

Just put up a new one in the gallery

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Batty Brouhaha

Here is one I made for the Spooktacular Render Contest. It's more of a joke than scary though. As I'm going to be busy this month I think this'll be my only entry.

Haha love it! Lots of character going on there!

I just uploaded my first entry into the contest as well. I have a bunch of stuff queued up for this month, so I should be able to get a few entries in for this one :)

• junkjunk Posts: 1,228
    That last one is AWESOME! Great post and neat to see others joining in.
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Thyranq said: I just uploaded my first entry into the contest as well.

Yeah... I had a visceral reaction to that! surprise It's summed up in the comment I left on your gallery.

• junkjunk Posts: 1,228

I just updated my only Halloween'ish gallery submission with a picture of my black kitty named Zee.  She is in the story too!

LINK TO GALLERY

MY KITTY Zee!

It was the familiar scraping of claws, on the floor that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It's something that your body reacts to automatically especially since you've been running from it your whole life.

But this time it was in the hallway just feet behind me.

Where did I make a mistake? I was so careful to blend in with the other students and even extra careful not to get too attached. After all my familiar, Zeenilla and I, have always been study partners and best friends. There was never any reason to involve anyone else.

All of that doesn't matter any more. This time I think they've got us.

edited October 2021

Titled: Get Them Mommy

Get Them Mommy.png
    1000 x 1250 - 2M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    edited October 2021

This is from two years back, when I was still a newb. It's got some obvious quality issues, but I've still got a soft spot for it.

From the same period in my art evolution: The urban legend of Polybius - The brainwashing arcade game.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

Here's a spooky promo for an upcoming (I hope) HDRI set.

The Summoner

The Summoner

Lovin it, guys! Keep em comin!

edited October 2021

FREAKY FRIDAY!

"A Day's Work" (best viewed full-screen, or with a dark background. Doesn't stand out very well on the forums lol)

Check it out in the gallery!

Post edited by Thyranq on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,228

junk said:

I just updated my only Halloween'ish gallery submission with a picture of my black kitty named Zee.  She is in the story too!

MY KITTY Zee!

My Kitty Bullett 

20211008_104615 (2).jpg
    2137 x 1066 - 392K
    20211008_104532.jpg
    1850 x 894 - 692K
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,062
    edited October 2021

This is an unexpected meeting between Reese and her Late Great - Great Grandmother in the ruins of the family home.

And another: My head hurts...

It's all because of the voracious head chewing beetles in that mossy hollow.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

Forgot to post this last night!

New one is up in the gallery!

Freaky Friday!! 

"Parasitic" - check out the gallery version for a list of items used, and likes and comments and all that :)

Titled: Spooky Lil Forest

Really cool!

The fog on the ground in that is awesome!

Thyranq said:

Really cool!

The fog on the ground in that is awesome!

Thanks for the very nice comment!!

It was fun to put together!!

Freaky Friday!

"Paint the Town Red" - give it some love in the gallery!

• Thyranq said:

Freaky Friday!! 

"Parasitic" - check out the gallery version for a list of items used, and likes and comments and all that :)

I think I got a lap dance from her last night.

charles said:

Thyranq said:

Freaky Friday!! 

I think I got a lap dance from her last night.

I think you might wanna get youself checked out, bud. Decent chance you caught something.. 

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

"I think our annual Halloween costume contest has crossed over into pay to win territory"

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Fun and interesting stuff, folks:)

While not made with Halloween in mind, I think this fits in here...(re post from the 3DL thread)

• Urban Explorer

I got the idea because I saw videos with the topic on YouTube!

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/4741708952633344#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1180047

• I aim to please, hopefully this is "horrific" enough for you :-b Feast of Terror