Can't Install Bryce Instance Grass

icarus7z7z7icarus7z7z7 Posts: 4
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

First of all, I'm very much a beginner and new to a lot of this.
I am running Windows 8.1.
Along with buying Bryce 7 Pro, which is installed and working fine, I also bought "Bryce Instance Grass", and that is where I am running into my problem.
Back at my DAZ Product Library I have -
"Download this product's Install Manager Ready files" - "Download and Install" (which is where I get the Errors Message below)and I also have the option to Manually Download, which I did download, and I have that in a file on my computer after the first attempt failed using the "Download and Install" .
After clicking, "Download this product's Install Manager Ready files", I see it sitting in my DAZ Install Manager/Ready to Install - after clicking Install, I get an "Install Failed". And I end up with this box saying -
Errors
Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Bryce Instance Grass" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
I have searched everywhere for any information about this, "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog -
I went back to my DAZ Product Library and clicked the "Manually Download" and put that in a separate folder that I just call Bryce.
That folder - "BryceInstanceGrass" contains - "IM00011116-01_BryceInstanceGrass" - and that contains a -
- Manifest - right-clicking Properties gave me - Manifest.dsx - Type of file: DSX File - Location: (Archive Root Directory)
and
- a folder called Bryce_7 Pro;7

Bryce_7 Pro;7 - contains 2 folders -
- 1 named "Presets" and 1 named "ReadMe's"
- Presets folder contains another folder called "Content" that contains a folder "Presets" that contains 2 folders called "Materials" and "Objects"
- Materials - contains a folder called "esha" and in there a page called "Grass". When I right-click Propeties I see "Grass.mat" - Type of file: File Association Manager - Location: Bryce_7 Pro;7/Presets/Content/Presets/Materials/esha/
- Objects - contains a folder called "esha" and in there a page called "Grass". When I right-click Propeties I see "Grass.obp" - Type of file: File Association Manager - Location: Bryce_7 Pro;7/Presets/Content/Presets/Objects/esha/
- ReadMe's folder - contains a folder called "ProductLists" that contains a "Text Document" called "FileList_11116_4_br_BryceInstanceGrass_4.txt"
- ReadMe's folder - contains 11116_esha Instance Grass Tutorial.pdf (after reading that I see that it has nothing about installation)
- ReadMe's folder also contains HTML Document called "readme_11116_4_BryceInstanceGrass.html".
In that HTML Document, there is a - "Product: Bryce Instance Grass" link - clicking that gets me a - "404 - Not Found"
Also in that HTML Document, there is "Documentation: Product Documentation" link - clicking that gets me a - "This page can’t be displayed"

You guys seem to have brains the size of small planets. Could somone help me with this? I'm sure that once "Bryce Instance Grass" is installed there will be tons of fun, but as of right now I'm having no fun at all because I can't seem to get any of it installed.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In DIM, go to Settings > Applications, click the plus sign in the lower left, and add the entry for Bryce:
    Name: Bryce
    Version: whichever version of Bryce you have, e.g. 7 Pro
    Bit: 32 (Bryce is only available in 32-bit)
    Path: click the button at the right labeled "..." and browse to the folder that contains Bryce.exe -- the default is
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce" on 64-bit Windows.
    Click Accept, and then you'll be able to install Bryce content.

• icarus7z7z7icarus7z7z7 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Awwww-Mannnn.... fixmypcmike - If you were a girl, I'd kiss ya! You made that so easy. I haven't used it yet, but it installed. I do thank-you so much.

Like I said, you guys have brains the size of small planets!

All the best to you,

• abc2abc2 Posts: 0

I've had the same problem but finally got the DIM to sucessfully install 'Instance Grass for Bryce' but it does not show up as an 'Installed' object.