Vrba79's world of NPR.

13»

Comments

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Another thing of note about Sketchy, is that specular strength, when using the flat-lit render settings, does not behave like specular highlights, but rather acts like a reflective surface.

• aqwarr2020aqwarr2020 Posts: 3

Thank you for the tutorial, vrba79.

You're welcome. I've been getting fantastic results with this method.

Trying out one of my alternate skin toned characters out with the new style. Looks great.

She's British, hence the "either kind of pants" comment.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

vrba79 said:

DAWW! She's so cute! I would totally watch an animation or read a comic with this adorable girl as the main character! heart

edited May 2022

Sketchy is a lot of fun and I've gotten some really cool looks with it as well. I'm glad to see you experimenting with it too! :) I think it's a very underrated product!

I'm loving your renders both here and in the other NPR thread!

Post edited by 3Diva on

Thanks! I am having so much fun with Sketchy, now that I've figured some of it out!

I've been slowly reworking my web comic's cast to incorperate the new look.

I don't do fan art often, but when I do, It's Fujiko Mine.

Finished a character's look for the next chapter of my comic.

Looks good! :D Who's the red guy? 

edited June 2022

That's Guy LaChance. He's a Djinn who decided granting(corrupted) wishes in exchange for souls wasn't really helping him in the cash flow department, so he opted to start charging people money instead. This didn't set well with his own kind, so they excommunicated him. The advent of the internet basically put him out of business, so now he works for "Food Dudes", which is basically Grubhub, except attractive men bring you your order.

Everyone has bills to pay, even supernatural creatures with demonic magical powers.

Post edited by vrba79 on

vrba79 said:

That's Guy LaChance. He's a Djinn who decided granting(corrupted) wishes in exchange for souls wasn't really helping him in the cash flow department, so he opted to start charging people money instead. This didn't set well with his own kind, so they excommunicated him. The advent of the internet basically put him out of business, so now he works for "Food Dudes", which is basically Grubhub, except attractive men bring you your order.

Everyone has bills to pay, even supernatural creatures with demonic magical powers.

Aww Why demonic powers? Couldn't he have like powers of light? Good powers? :)

Well, Djinn aren't exactly on the "Lawful Good" side of things.

edited July 2022

I am perminantly done posting on these forums, or buying anything here until Daz3D learns to grow a sense of humor, and backs off from their slavish devotion to NFTs and their need to defend them from any and all criticism.

Post edited by vrba79 on

vrba79 said:

I am perminantly done posting on these forums, or buying anything here until Daz3D learns to grow a sense of humor, and backs off from their slavish devotion to NFTs and their need to defend them from any and all criticism.

Oh no, I hope you don't go. I love seeing your work and the fun experiments you do with your NPR stuff and your cute characters. 

I understand if you feel you need a break from the forum (I've taken breaks too). If you do take a break, I hope you're not away too long. 

• Or post on deviantArt for a while.