7 animated Characters in one scene

msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hey guys, check out this animation I just finished. I decided to try the animation thread this time. Makes sense but I don't know if it was a good idea.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/52489/

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Thought it was great! As long as I've been around the daz forums, I never realized there was an animation forum til a couple of weeks back, weirdly enough.

Really good work, I enjoyed it :)

• msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Thought it was great! As long as I've been around the daz forums, I never realized there was an animation forum til a couple of weeks back, weirdly enough.

Really good work, I enjoyed it :)

Thanks Stark,

You would think I would us it more since most of my work is animation. I guess I just got used to the Carrara Forum.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

My play is done, so I'll have more time to follow links and watch vids after the set is struck tomorrow. Now I'm subscribed to the thread, so it will be easier to follow up!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

That's some of the best Carrara animation I've seen - brilliant! :)

edited December 1969

Really good job! Nice camera movement, and proof that in most cases audio is as important as the imagery.

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    That's some of the best Carrara animation I've seen - brilliant! :)

Wow, Thanks.

People keep asking me when am I going to upgrade to one of the industry standards. My response is simple...why?

edited December 1969

Really good job! Nice camera movement, and proof that in most cases audio is as important as the imagery.

I agree, audio is key. I consider the camera a character also.

edited December 1969

MSolomon said:

Absolutely. You could have a collection of the most interesting things in the world, and if the framing is screwed up then it's just, meh. If it's a video, then there's the added need to keep it interesting after the first look.

edited December 1969

MSolomon said:

Absolutely. You could have a collection of the most interesting things in the world, and if the framing is screwed up then it's just, meh. If it's a video, then there's the added need to keep it interesting after the first look.

I try to mimic cinematic styles in my animations. I think it helps with believability.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Like I've said in that thread, I think you've done a great job with the animations - I can see how you're getting more and more gigs... you have a great 'feel' to your work. Love it! Keep 'em coming! :)

edited December 1969

Like I've said in that thread, I think you've done a great job with the animations - I can see how you're getting more and more gigs... you have a great 'feel' to your work. Love it! Keep 'em coming! :)

Thanks Dart.