Cathy Hair for Genesis 8.1

I really like Outoftouch's hair. I'm looking for hair for a Genesis 8 or 8.1 character just like OOT's Cathy hair but Cathy hair is for Genesis 3. I already own Alma hair which is similar, but Cathy is eactly what I envisioned. Can you use a Genesis 3 hair on Genesis 8.1? I'm not interested in MacGyver-ing something, I just want to pay for an asset that works out of the box. Some older Outoftouch's hair I own is not quite as good as the newer releases, so I'm reluctant to take a chance that a Genesis 3 product might work and is probably not up to snuff.

Comments

• Hair is pretty easy to use between G3 and G8{.1}...

• Load your G8 character
    • Click on the background so nothing is selected
    • Load Cathy Hair. If it pops up asking to autofit the hair (it shouldn't if nothing is selected), click Cancel.
    • Select the hair
    • Go to Edit > Figure > Scene Identification... in the menu
    • Where it says "Preferred Base" at the bottom, click the [...] button
    • Navigate the tree that's displayed to select Genesis 8 Female (or 8.1 Female if you prefer). Click Accept.
    • Daz now thinks Cathy Hair was made for Genesis 8, you can fit it to a G8F character and it will work without having to autofit.

This works because there's little or no difference between the head meshes of G3F and G8F. You can use the same trick in reverse to fir G8 hair to G3 characters. You can also do it with clothes - but that's rather more involved because you have to deal with the T-pose/A-pose change. See this post for how to do it: https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065