leg skirt tips

Zap ZZap Z Posts: 60
edited October 2021 in Art Studio

Looking for tips.  I have been having trouble using this pose with this dress skirt.  I would just like it to look more natural.  With the dress skirt hanging off the knees.

nurse WIP.jpg
1920 x 893 - 163K
Post edited by Zap Z on

Comments

• Look in the Moves section of the Parameters pane, there may be morphs that will help. Smoothing isn't going to help heer as you are needing to adjust the drape of the cloth, not jest deal with a bit of poke-through.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

For some reason, there are very few skirts that follow the leg movements...

You can try fixing the issue by expanding the hip of the skirt and moving the leg bones manually.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited October 2021

PerttiA said:

That's because a skirt rigged to follow leg movements won't pose in a realistic way, unless it's skin-tight.

Imagine for example that your character is wearing a long flowing skirt, and standing with the left leg in front. If you rig the skirt to have the same bones as the legs, then only the left part of the skirt will move, and the skirt mesh will be stretched in the middle because of that. Moreover both the front and back of the skirt will go up to follow the leg, but in real-life the back of the skirt would not move, only the front.

So usually the rigging will be done using specific handles to pose the skirt independantly from the legs.

Post edited by Leana on

Leana said:

PerttiA said:

That's because a skirt rigged to follow leg movements won't pose in a realistic way, unless it's skin-tight.

This one does;

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mother-goose-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

• Pushee-RiPushee-Ri Posts: 18

"This one does ....."

Yeah - but only because of dForce. Without dForce, it does the same nonsense as most skirts - even tight-fitting micro-minis. Believe me, I've created regular skirts, tube dresses, minis, you name it... rigging these dresses is a pain when it comes to poses beyond the catwalk ...

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

Hmmm ... learning to make your own morphs with Hexagon can be useful. If you have not done this before, the process of transfering from Daz to Hexagon, making the morph, and transfering back has a bit of a learning curve ... but once learned can fix, or at least greatly improve, situations like these.

Pushee-Ri said:

"This one does ....."

Yeah - but only because of dForce. Without dForce,

I don't use dForce and still that skirt is the best behaving skirt I have come across