Basic Question about Export and Import

sasa Posts: 45
edited February 2015 in Bryce Discussion

How can I save , on one computer , a model textured within Bryce 7.1 Pro ? and then move it to another computer to populate a existing Bryce 7.1 Pro landscape ? Please

Good Job !
http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials.html

Post edited by sa on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Save it in your preset library then transfer using a usb thingy, a memeory stick or whatever you call it, and import it into your other preset library

• sasa Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Thank You chohole ,

that does seem like the logical thing to do ! What about the Materials ? For some reason this reminds me of the fear of using the transporter for the first time !! Something is going to get lost during the conversion process .

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

@starmijo2012 - if you save the object into an Object Library, the materials are retained. You can save it in an existing library (e.g. User) or create new folders and new libraries. Then you can transfer the whole library to the other computer. I recommend that you back up all your libraries (the Preset folder) from time to time. Chohole's tip is spot on.

Exporting the object via File > Export creates image materials that are much less good then the original.

• sasa Posts: 45
    edited March 2015

chohole - I agree with Horo , your tip is spot on !

Horo - ' if you save the object into an Object Library, the materials are retained. ' that pretty much sums it up for me ,
    And thank you for your recommendation ' that you back up all your libraries (the Preset folder) from time to time. '
    Thank You for your help :)

Post edited by sa on