where is the Carrara information on the Daz website?

protovuprotovu Posts: 194
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Am I out of some loop? I am an 8.5 pro user, interested in seeing if there is a Carrara for Linux download available. I can find no information on purchase, download, features, etc. on Carrara.
Anyone?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039
    edited December 1969

I know there are some who use it with WINE
    which I believe is short for Windows emulator not the wine in my glass!

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Didn't somebody mention, or speculate, that if you already own Carrara (or any other product) it won't show up when you access the DAZ website? Although I did recently notice there is a check box which allows you to de-select that option, and show products you already own.

That being said, yeah, it's not easy to find even with that option de-selected.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

It's right on the "What's Hot" carousel every time I look.

carrara_on_main_page.png
    1443 x 676 - 813K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

The only time it shows up there for me is when I pop in without being logged in, which does happen from time to time.
    edited December 1969

The only time it shows up there for me is when I pop in without being logged in, which does happen from time to time.

Yes, because it hides products you own.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Yes, because it hides products you own.

Which, in my opinion, seems to be a dumb thing for the website to do by default.
    The default should be reversed. Show everything, filter purchased items as an option.
    The current default seems to be constantly confusing people.

• protovuprotovu Posts: 194
    edited February 2015

Thanks, everyone. Does seem a bit, shall we say...counter intuitive. I see also that there is not a Linux Carrara. If anyone has an endorsement for this whole Wine/Ubuntu rabbit hole I am about to go down, I am all ears. Where I am now with Ubuntu......buggy. Can't get around an authentication issue to simply load an app.

Post edited by protovu on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited February 2015

protovu said:
    Thanks, everyone. Does seem a bit, shall we say...counter intuitive. I see also that there is not a Linux Carrara. If anyone has an endorsement for this whole Wine/Ubuntu rabbit hole I am about to go down, I am all ears. Where I am now with Ubuntu......buggy. Can't get around an authentication issue to simply load an app.

I thought there were at least a couple people that had Carrara going under Wine, but it's been awhile and those posts may be lost to ghosts of forums past. I don't know what version of Carrara or if it was 32 bit or 64 bit. I almost want to say it was version 7, but I won't swear to it. I only marginally followed along as I never really intended to use LINUX.

You may have luck searching through some of the tutorials at the Carrara Cafe.
    http://carraracafe.com/

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

I believe Kendall Sears runs Carrara on Linux.

• protovuprotovu Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

If I can get it to run, and have any Carrara results worth mentioning, I will certainly share the info.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

No clue about the answer, but I did find an old thread from 2012 about it...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4689/