Hair Pieces

melaniemelanie Posts: 779
edited October 2021 in Product Suggestions

I would love to see some hair piece add-ons to enhance existing hair. Sometimes I might want to add a few forehead whisps of hair or bangs. This would be for both male and female hair. Sometimes I combine two different hairs together to get another look. It would be great to get some extra pieces to add to another hair. Maybe one of the hair artists might be willing to give this a try?

Post edited by melanie on

Comments

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,520

I would love to see this, too.  Different bang or fringe options.  Maybe some poseable braids and ponytails in different sizes as well, that we could add to other hairstyles. It would be really useful!

• Hello. This is my first post on this forum, but I've been creating hair pieces with DAZ Studio since August 2021, and I'd like to give this a shot as my first product. I have a few questions to get some clarity on what exactly you want in this package.

1. Particle/d-force hair, polygonal hair, or d-force-compatible polygonal hair? My take: I can do polygonal hair easily, and I have done some work with d-force particle hair, but my fastest and easiest method is by far polygonal.

2. Hair Props or Hair Figures? My take: I can do either one, or I could do both, that way those that can rig their own hair pieces can do so, and those that don't want to rig can use the default or my upcoming templates.

3. Pre-textured, or can you create your own textures? Do you have any Hair Shaders? (That's what I would use to create Hair Textures for DAZ Studio.)

4. Approximately what would be your ideal limits for hair lengths? My take: I can create hair pieces of all lengths, I just need a ballpark range of what you're going for.

5. How many pieces? Just give me a ballpark range. My take: I did five sample "Bangs" pieces in 2 hours just last night. I can do more just as fast, roughly speaking. But I don't want to overwork myself creating a thousand different pieces in one product, and I mean that literally. So an ideal range of pieces and range of types you are looking for would be appreciated.

6. Can you give me visual samples of what types of pieces you would like? Images? Videos? Can you direct me to any URLs you like that have your favorite styles? My take: I can find samples on Google and create hair parts based on them quite easily, but I want to know what you're using for context, so I can deliver exactly what you want.

7. What kinds of morphs would you like? Would you prefer morphs with or without hair rigging templates? Please be as specific as you can. My take: I have seen full DAZ Studio Hairstyles with over a hundred morphs and a hair template combined. But I think it might be a little overkill to do this with, say, 100 to 200 different hair parts. That said, I will do exactly what you are expecting, it just might take longer for both morphs and rigging combined than, say, just morphs, or just rigging. And, of course, the more morphs per hair part, and the more parts, the longer it will take to complete, and I want to deliver this to you as quickly as possible.

If you need samples of my work, I can post them by request in this forum or you can PM me.

• Here are some bangs I have done.

Are you looking for something like this?

Bangs 01-02.png
    1440 x 1080 - 885K
    Sample-Bangs 02 CStoneham 01-1.png
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
    Sample-Bangs 03 CStoneham 01-1.png
    1440 x 1080 - 2M
    Sample-Bangs 04 CStoneham 01-1.png
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
    Sample-Bangs 05 CStoneham 01-1.png
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
  • i came across your post whilst looking at how to combine 2 different hair pieces.

if it is somerthing you are now doing or interested in doing, please let me know .

• MickFMickF Posts: 9

I would like to see a notification/warning when a figure loads by default with all hair applied. I recently purchased Skalde HD and once loaded it increases the DAZ memory footprint by 5GB as all the hair is loaded wit simulation and volume settings applied. When rendering the character immediately after loading into an empty scene the GPU usage is just over 5GB. It would be either be easier to

A. Let buyers know on the product page that this is the default set-up or

B. Have the character load with just the base figure and let users add what elements they want.

In the case of Skalde I just created a Character preset with none of the hair and the Daz memory foot print dropped by almost 5GB. Just adding the beard increased this by 1GB for example.

I think it would be appropriate if the product pages let potential buyers know in advance that addons etc could impact their compositions especially with the cost of hardware. Trying to render this character with just basic clothing causes my GTX 1660 6GB to fallback to CPU rendering with nothing else in the scene.