Account product library suggestion; Categories

If you're like me (escaped from a padded room) you've probably collected quite a few Daz products free or purchased or both. The problem I run into is when I look for something the product names may not help identifying the products intended use. IMHO it would be great to be able to find specific props categorized in a (e.g. Props>Musical Instruments>Otamaphone) or something like a Genesis 8 clothing texture expansions in  (Genesis 8>Clothing>Product>Really Cool Textures for Product) the search function is great but it doesn't always make it easy. Can you do this already, did I miss something?

Comments

• Yes you can do this already.

In the Content Library, there's a section of the tree labelled "Categories." Daz provide and populate a set of "Default" folders under that, but you can create your own folder structure(s) alongside. Once you have them in place, right-click a product and choose "Categorize..." to put it in the one(s) you want. You can also right-click a folder and have it create a category from it (and its subfolders too, if you choose).

Maybe one day, when I have infinite spare time, I'll categorise my whole library. For now, I'm just doing the stuff that's hard to find - like V4 hair where the hair and its materials are all over the place because Poser people like it that way; or poses, which I have organised by type and figure, eg: Useful > Poses > Standing > G3F

One thing to be aware of with categories is if a file is updated via DIM, it loses any custom categories you may have given it.