Combining Face Animation using Live Face Link and Mixamo animations for Genesis 8 Character

Hi all, I hope this is not a hard or silly question to ask. 

I've been wanting to know can you combine a Live Face Link animation on a Genesis 8 character and also add a mixamo (or whatever method) animation as well? 
If there is any tutorials as to how to do so that would be great. 

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

wintoons said:

I've been wanting to know can you combine a Live Face Link animation on a Genesis 8 character and also add a mixamo (or whatever method) animation as well? 

you can combine any animation in unreal using the blend animation inside the animation blueprint. ofcourse both animations need to be retargeted to work in the same character like in your case you need to retarget the mixamo animations to daz character then you will blend then using the daz character. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808

sorry about highjacking your thread but this related,

how does one export FBX or DAZ to Unreal animation with only the keyframes used?

in my case lipsync, mimic live etc to layer with other animations in Unreal?

it always has an A pose baked in (default pose) even deleting all the keyframes at the begining in DAZ

I can sort of edit keyframes in the animationBP but useless for sequencer animations

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Ellessarr said:

wintoons said:

you can combine any animation in unreal using the blend animation inside the animation blueprint. ofcourse both animations need to be retargeted to work in the same character like in your case you need to retarget the mixamo animations to daz character then you will blend then using the daz character. 

Do you know if there is any tutorial as to how to do that? I'm still learning about blueprints and all. 

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

wintoons said:

Ellessarr said:

wintoons said:

Do you know if there is any tutorial as to how to do that? I'm still learning about blueprints and all. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=unreal+engine+blend+animation

tutorials about blend animations are pretty easy to be found.