Carrara Renderer ignoring Point-At Modifier??

LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 168
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi Everyone,

I was playing around with a portrait render (using Phill W.'s excellent Portrait Sudio) and saw something odd today. I have almost always (unless I forget) use a Point-At modifier to have the figure "look" at the camera. I did a render today of Mei Lin, and noticed that the final render seems to ignore the Point-At settings. Do you have to change some setting to get Carrara to use this setting? I was using the latest Carrara beta. I have attached pictures so you can see what I am describing. Thanks!

Scene.png
542 x 386 - 321K
Render.png
596 x 345 - 238K

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Is there only one camera in your scene ?

• LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Is there only one camera in your scene ?

Hi DUDU_00001,

There are actually 3 cameras (part of the Portrait Studio), Upper Body, Face, and Full Length. The Face and Upper Body camera are both not visible, and I have her eyes pointing to the Full Length, which is also the one I am using for the render. Thanks!

Rich S.

• LinkRS said:

Hi Everyone,

I was playing around with a portrait render (using Phill W.'s excellent Portrait Sudio) and saw something odd today. I have almost always (unless I forget) use a Point-At modifier to have the figure "look" at the camera. I did a render today of Mei Lin, and noticed that the final render seems to ignore the Point-At settings. Do you have to change some setting to get Carrara to use this setting? I was using the latest Carrara beta. I have attached pictures so you can see what I am describing. Thanks!

Was this ever fixed i'm having the same problem it works if i scrub the timeline but not if you hit play or render

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I have never seen this but maybe something not refreshing and saving the scene will help

otherwise parent a target helper to the camera and have them point at that

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

BTW I use a point at modifier always with a target helper as point at camera tracks the active camera AFAIK