Urban Future 8 and 9

Will StoneMason soon bring us Urban Future 8 and 9

We hope so...

Comments

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

uf8.jpg
    481 x 512 - 50K
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Still waiting on that Streets of Rome tho.

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473

that looks like it is coming soooooon

YEAH

To Stone Mason.. : Any previews : D   ?

• huntethan2huntethan2 Posts: 15
    edited October 2021

margrave said:

Still waiting on that Streets of Rome tho.

Amen to that. My Sci-fi guys can choose between 50 different streets/ships/corridors to walk on; meanwhile my romans don't have a single street (just Protozoon Coliseum) neither a house interior to go in.

Post edited by huntethan2 on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited October 2021

huntethan2 said:

Amen to that. My Sci-fi guys can choose between 50 different streets/ships/corridors to walk on; meanwhile my romans don't have a single street (just Protozoon Coliseum) neither a house interior to go in.

Well, there is one Greco-Roman street, Olympia Cityscape, but it's only for 3Delight and it consists of weird floating islands for some reason. You'll need to do a lot of work converting the materials, kitbashing it onto a normal ground plane, and putting in those little Stonemason details that make it look real.

Post edited by margrave on
  • huntethan2huntethan2 Posts: 15
    edited October 2021

margrave said:

huntethan2 said:

Well, there is one Greco-Roman street, Olympia Cityscape, but it's only for 3Delight and it consists of weird floating islands for some reason. You'll need to do a lot of work converting the materials, kitbashing it onto a normal ground plane, and putting in those little Stonemason details that make it look real.

If we really get it someday, hopefully is a "normal" street like the other ones in the series (London, Morocco and so on) and not the temples/marble version. You know, with its shops, taberns, private houses (domus, insula), and so on. There's literally nothing like that avalaible outside of VR reconstruction projects, which unfortunately are never for sale.

3D Pompeii

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I must agree that would be super indeed.. Streets of Pompey ! Just before the year of destruction.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

The Streets of Pompei wouldn't be suitable for the Daz store.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

Gordig said:

well Rome either if the graffiti and deco is accurate blush 

• Gordig said:

Given roman's obssesion with phallic representations in either pictorical or figurine forms, the creator will need to be careful when choosing the angles for the promos wink

Isn't it funny how the Daz store has reached a level of puritanism that would make the more repressed of our victorian ancestors feel proud? I can picture the DAZ person in charge of reviewing the product having the same reaction of the original archaeologists at Pompeii: "Goodness gracious, what a suggestive and distasteful piece. Let's bury this in a box and pretend we never found it".

• huntethan2 said:

Gordig said:

...Isn't it funny how the Daz store has reached a level of puritanism that would make the more repressed of our victorian ancestors feel proud? ...

The puritans on the Mayflower would have made the repressed Victorians look like Libertines. And they are referred to as the 'Founding Fathers' of the US. There is deep history behind the attitudes displayed at DAZ, not something that is possible to change easily, even if such change were to be desired by those of whom change would be requested.

Regards,

Richard

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

richardandtracy said:

huntethan2 said:

Gordig said:

...Isn't it funny how the Daz store has reached a level of puritanism that would make the more repressed of our victorian ancestors feel proud? ...

The puritans on the Mayflower would have made the repressed Victorians look like Libertines. And they are referred to as the 'Founding Fathers' of the US. There is deep history behind the attitudes displayed at DAZ, not something that is possible to change easily, even if such change were to be desired by those of whom change would be requested.

Regards,

Richard

While at the same time Hollywood is teaching rest of the world quite different ideas... (Just stating a fact)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

Stonemason said:

And here it is... https://www.daz3d.com/urban-future-8

And it is absolutely SUPER Cool to work with !!!

https://www.daz3d.com/urban-future-8

Super angle..

In a way I love these S.F. products (in the years to come)

But streets of Ancient Rome

Streets of 17th Century Amsterdam

Streets of Prague (with the Art Nouveau) would be special too

The Galleria of Brussels

• As for ancient Roman streets, alleys, and general buildings, there's a decent selection of them over on Renderosity. Also period furnitue and other objects.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

As for ancient Roman streets, alleys, and general buildings, there's a decent selection of them over on Renderosity. Also period furnitue and other objects.

We will have to differ on the "decent" part. Sure, those models and textures were not bad...for the Playstation 2 era. Now put them together on the same scene with a Gen 8 character, and no amount of bokeh in the world is going to redeem them. The only decent enviroment in Renderosity is AJ Atrium, and even for that most of the textures are tiny (vendor make the mistake of having single low resolution images covering all the walls/ceiling/etc.) leading to quite horrendous pixelations the moment you get the camera close.

Furniture wise, luckily XYZ 3Dassets has been releasing some quality sets lately on Sketchfab: good models, proper PBR materials and they cover the essential furniture in the living area of a roman house. But quality streets or interiors? Nil. Zero. Nada.

Specially sad because, for all its faults, finally thanks to dforce we can do proper renders of the period (good luck posing togas and tunic before that) and I was hoping for some enviroments to compliment Sickleyield and Deacon215 outfits... but alas, it was not to be.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

efron_24 said:

And it is absolutely SUPER Cool to work with !!!

https://www.daz3d.com/urban-future-8

Super angle..

In a way I love these S.F. products (in the years to come)

But streets of Ancient Rome

Streets of 17th Century Amsterdam

Streets of Prague (with the Art Nouveau) would be special too

The Galleria of Brussels

As seen in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, a Prague style city can be two products - first the straight up Art Nouveau setting, then another one with "future" sprinkled on top of it, leading into a really, REALLY interesting setting. 

• Stonemason's work is inspirational.

Literally.

I think I'm going to have to learn how to achieve some of this on my own. I'm working on a Steampunk story, and I will need to have a number of "alternative history" sets. Something like a world where the Europeans were explorers and traders instead of colonizers. As a result, North and South America would look VERY different. What would a Navajo city look like?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,729

@donjaramillo, while not sure if this might be a starting point for you, it may inspire you if you project it into the future from when it was abandoned.

https://www.durango.com/mesa-verde/cliff-dwellings/