DAZ Studio interface is blurry

Hello, coincidence or not, after I updated my macOS to Big Sur it wiped DAZ Studio (the only program I've noticed so far) and after reloading DS and opening I immediatly noticed the interface was somewhat blurry and the renders are also blurry. I've sent a request to the help desk but last time I did that it took two and a half months for them to get back and I need to get on with the task ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Please post a screen shot, cropped - if necessary - for ToS-compliance.

• agiuagiu Posts: 10
    edited July 2022

I'm having the same problem, I just got a maxed-out MacStudio 2022 M1 Ultra / Monteray, and DazCentrl and Daz Studio UI are all blurred and the gradients on the buttons are displayed in 3 colors. I am sending a screenshot next photoshop UI to be compared.

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 6.43.25 PM.png
    2832 x 1864 - 3M
    Post edited by agiu on
  • Has this been fixed? I have just d-loaded Daz Studio to my iMac (Ventura) and the Ui is VERY blurry (which is why I googled this)
    Thnks for any advice

• beejcurtis said:

Has this been fixed? I have just d-loaded Daz Studio to my iMac (Ventura) and the Ui is VERY blurry (which is why I googled this)
    Thnks for any advice

I'm not sure but this may caused by DPI scaling. I experienced some similar issues on a 125% scaling 15" Windows PC. Excluding daz from DPI scaling can solve this problem. you need some third party utilities on Mac to do this, I think.

• Im having the same problem, any solutions? (im on macbookpro)

• OK - I found a frustratingly simple solution! :)

Close the app. Go into your applications folder. Right click the Daz app. Show package contents. Open the contents folder. Rightclick "info.plist" and edit in TextEdit.

After the opening paragraph ( after <dict> ) paste:

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> <true/>

Save. Close. Reopen Daz. Should be crystal clear. 

adapted from here:

https://www.thorlaksson.com/2020/09/17/how-to-fix-blurry-text-in-macos-applications/

Screenshot attached for reference.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 10.18.16 AM.png
    1462 x 800 - 278K