Trouble with Raw Guardian for Genesis 3 Male Super Bodysuit

The product description is here: https://www.daz3d.com/guardian-for-genesis-3-male-super-bodysuit

It says the product is for the Genesis 3 Male Super Bodysuit. So, I have both. They don't seem to work together. I can install one or the other, but I don't see the compatibility. Materials for one won't load on the other. Also, it says there are 5 cowl morphs in the Guardian version. I don't see where they are. So, is there a way to use the Guardian version and get the cowl morphs? And is there a way to get some of the shaping for masks, etc., that are shown in the content tabs for the Super Bodysuit?

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256
    edited October 2021

Select the Guardian suit, go to Shaping Tab, show all:

Guardian uses the boots from the Super Body Suit.  You can hide the cowl to use another mask.

guardian.jpg
    1129 x 763 - 159K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,093
    edited October 2021

@nemesis10: Thank you for your response. I'm going to check this out now and see if it solves my problems.

I don't see that when I select the Guardian Suit, go to the Shaping Tab, and select All. See screen shot.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 10.16.21 AM.png
    1392 x 484 - 153K
    Post edited by inquire on

The standard question... How did you install?  The image doesn't evenlook like the guardian suit... it looks like the standard Super Bodysuit....

edited October 2021

I installed using DIM. I am using a Macintosh, OS 10.15.7. The DS version is 4.15.0.30. Would that have anything to do with it. These morphs you were mentioning do show up in the Parameters Tab, but not in shaping. Also, for the SuperSuit, there are all of these presets, Heroes, etc., that don't work on the Guardian suit. Are they supposed to work on the Guardian suit.  The solid color shaders that came with the Guardian suit do work. I had assumed that the SuperSuit presets would work, as, I thought, it's Guardian for the SuperSuit.

Ironically, I am on a Mac too!  I see those morphs in the Shaping Tab.  I think the suit is a variation on the normal Bodysuit and has its own uv's; I don't know if those morphs do anything in the guardian suit;  since the textures don't match up due to the changed uv's, I wouldn't be surprised if they were disabled... I will check in an hour or two.

edited October 2021

So I did a few tests....  Superhero Bodysuit (SB) and Guardian Bodysuit (GB) are sort of parent and child.  GB gives SB all of the morphs of GB but they do not share textures or UVs.  Since you have both, you can add the Guardian ears to SB.  TO see the morphs in the Shaping Tab, go to the Shaping Tab, select All and enter Guardian.....

suits1.jpg
    1488 x 1261 - 621K

Well, I did the above already. No, I don't see them in the Shaping Tab. I could uninstall Guardian. But if I do that using DIM, it still leaves files on the computer, because I have the option to "Reinstall." How can I get rid of all the files so that I can download Guardian again and do a clean install?

edited October 2021

Also, with the Guardian Bodysuit selected, if I switch from Shaping to Smart Content, I see what's in the first screen shot. For some of these items, if I click on one of them, it works; it gets applied to the Guardian Bodysuit. For other items, I get a dialogue box which says that some assets are missing and files need to be loaded from the SuperBodysuit for Genesis 3 Males. I also have a button to "Install Selected." See the second screen shot. I have not clicked "Install," because I've been worried that more problems might develop. Is this the way the Guardian Bodysuit is supposed to work? Oh, and in the Smart Content Tab, it does show "Super Bodysuit" right above "All Files" in the left-most column. However, I do have the Guardian Bodysuit selected, not the Super Bodysuit. The Super Bodysuit is not loaded into the scene; only the Guardian Bodysuit is present.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.59.33 PM.png
    530 x 1001 - 305K
    Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.57.46 PM.png
    705 x 662 - 62K

Do you have Dim dispose of the installation files when it is done?  If you didn't click on the bottom, Dim holds onto a copy of the instillation files. Since you are fellow Mac brethren, just do a search of the guardian installation file which ends in .zip.  Trash that and Dim will download a fresh copy.  It sounds like a bad installation might have been your problem.

edited October 2021

@nemesis10: I did not have DIIM dispose of the installation files. Sorry I don't understand. Click on the bottom of what? I'd want to get rid of the old installation files.

What about the SuperBodysuit for Genesis 3 Males? Should I remove and reinstall it?

Sorry to be so dense, but do you mean what is shown in the screen shot? Here, in DIM I Right-clicked on the Guardian product. One of the items that show up is "Delete Package(s)". Will that both remove the product from the DAZ Studio folders and also remove the zip file? I'm having trouble finding the Guardian installation file which ends in .zip.

I've also found the products in My Account/Installed Products. So, I could reinstall from there. Or, if the above "Delete Package(s)" works, will that then place fresh copies of these products in the DIM "Ready to Download" Tab?

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 1.15.15 PM.png
    681 x 514 - 88K
    edited October 2021

Ah,  Sorry for the confusion,  so many people imperfectly try to do this stuff manually.

That button is which says "Uninstall - 161 MB" is the uninstall button.... just click it and it will remove the product. The "remove package" option deletes the zip that is the uninstalled product.

1. Okay, When you log into DIM, there are three tabs:  Ready to Download, Ready to Install, and Installed
    2. First, go to Installed Tab, search in the "Type here to Filter" for the Guardian Suit
    3. Click the little box by its name, click uninstall, and the installed product should be deleted
    4. Next, go to the Ready to Install Tab, and delete any Guardian product from there (it is unlikely that there will be anything there).  Just in case, go to Your Computer> Users> Shared> Daz Studio> InstallManager>Downloads and make sure there aren't any Guardian zips.  If there are, toss them in the trash.
    5. Finally, search for Guardian in Dim, install, and test it out.  Your regular Supersuit looks fine so I wouldn't bother reiinstalling. Let me know if it works.  If not, we have some other trick.
    edited October 2021

@nemesis10: Hi, and thank you for all of your help. I did uninstall, packages and all, the Guardian Suit, the Super Bodysuit for Genesis 3 Males, and even the Super Hero Textures. Then, I downloaded and reinstalled fresh files. It all seems to be working. I also was able to get the Super Bodysuit and the Guardian Suit onto Genesis 8 Males, but not all of the morphs showed up in the Parameters Tab nor in the Shaping Tab, for the Genesis 8 Males.

I wish that these suits had the Super Hero textures that were made for the Genesis Super Bodysuit. But, that's another issue. You don't happen to know of anyone who sells textures for either of these suits, textures that look like the heroes in comic books wear? Just wondering.

But you did help me to learn how to uninstall, delete packages, and reinstall. Much thanks, really. I appreciate your taking all of this time.