Where is the "Eyes Closed" pose dial located for the Genesis 8.1 figures?

I can't seem to find the "Eyes Closed" pose dial for the Genesis 8.1 figures.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

It's an Genesis 8 morph and it's disabled for G8.1 - You need to use the new FACS morphs, or enable the G8 base expressions yourself (DS 4.15 required)

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 898

The 8.1 equivalent for Eyes Closed is Blink, and it's found under Pose Controls > Head > Eyes in the parameters tab. :)

• Thanks for the quick reply!

I found that "Blink" doesn't completely close the eyes, and was hoping the original pose control was hiding in another dial list.

• I followed the instructions above to remove the dummy references in the 8_1 folders, and the "Eyes Closed" dial now appears in the list.

However, when I set the dial, the eyelashes poke through the lids (screen-shot attached.)

2021-10-24 08_22_20-DAZ Studio 4.15 Pro Public Build - !!!-Empty-2021-Medium Figure-Figure Height-2..png
    1401 x 1157 - 3M