How do you get a Character to stay in place when selecting a premade pose?

Ok you have your scene and characters where you want them. You go to use a pose set you purchased and your character jumps from where you placed them back to the reset point or a premade point in the scene due to the pose being created for a specific landscape and/or environment. You want the character to stay put where they are. How do you apply the pose but tell it to say in place w/o changing the XYZ axsis (I guess is the word)?

Sincerely,

Jacob G.

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Lock the figure's coordinates in the Properties pane.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Hold down the control key when you click on the pose.  It will give you an option box uncheck the translations.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Don't buy poses from vendors that do this.

• scorpio said:

And if they are sold through Daz then please report them, assuming you use the figure node to move the figure around the scene - the hip may need changing to keep the feet on the ground or similar, so shouldn't be used for scene placement.

• CheetahkaCheetahka Posts: 168

Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

And if they are sold through Daz then please report them, assuming you use the figure node to move the figure around the scene - the hip may need changing to keep the feet on the ground or similar, so shouldn't be used for scene placement.

I'm a little confused, why would you report them? Say you got some kind of action poses for a specific space station and wanted to use the climbing pose that was designed for it specifically, naturally I'd expect it to jump the character over to that spot in that pose. However because I like that pose, I just want to use it for a different scene and will tweak it as needed. As posted above there are work arounds. Can you please clarify as to why? Maybe I'm just not understanding something.

• In general, placement (putting the figure in a particular place in the scene) and stance (putting the figure into a pose) should be handled separately - both by files and by how theye work, with placement being done on the figure and posing on the hip and its child bones (which might include minor transaltions to keep feet on the floor, or to have the correct postiion relative to other figures in a group pose)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

Some pose sets for a particular environment also include a "Use Anywhere" set of similar poses that don't move.  That's the best way to do it IMO.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I am guessing that about half of my purchased pose sets move the character either to World Zero or to some other pre-defined positition. That, along with PAs insistence on using hip translations/rotations, is one of my biggest frustrations with posing products. Holding CTRL key down is a help but I invariably only remember to do that after I have tried without it.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

marble said:

I am guessing that about half of my purchased pose sets move the character either to World Zero or to some other pre-defined positition. That, along with PAs insistence on using hip translations/rotations, is one of my biggest frustrations with posing products. Holding CTRL key down is a help but I invariably only remember to do that after I have tried without it.

Same here, but since ctrl+z moves the character back I can live with it.