Genesis 2 Male - Some morphs working, Some not working

NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
edited February 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey Everyone,

I'm just now starting to work with Genesis 2, but I must be doing something wrong.

I have Starter Essentials, Reptilian, Deadwalker, MuscleMan, and the Creature Creator Morphs.

All of them work, except for The Creature Creator Morphs.

The sliders show up under the "Shaping" tab, but when I move the slider, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Do I need to buy the "Genesis 2 Male Morphs" for the Creature Creator morphs to work?

Post edited by NoName99 on

Comments

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

I don't have CC, but it does not say you need any other packages on the DAZ store -- so you shouldn't.

Have you checked to see if maybe you have something locked? I've had that happen before and couldn't figure out the problem and then realized a parameter was locked.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,806
    edited December 1969

The morphs should work - I just checked a couple and they don't show any dependencies on the male morphs. Load G2M and then go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log, scroll to the end and look for errors - there will almost certainly be a lot of property not found errors from correction morphs for things you don't have though, which are harmless.

• NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited December 1969

Hi, thanks for replying.
    Ok I did as you said and I'm looking through the log now, but I'm not really sure how to use this information though.

WARNING: 3DConnexion plugin error, could not create device, CoCreateInstance failed.

This string appears many times:

(1323) Failed to create alias!
    (6823) Failed to add user alias property to node.

Not really sure what else to try

edited December 1969

The messages of interest would be those after DS starts to load the figure. The Alias warnings might be issues if they come there - are they listed as affecting the CC morphs or other morphs?

edited December 1969

No, none of them appear after I load G2M.

It doesn't show any errors at all after the figure is loaded.

Not only that, it doesn't show any of the G2M morphs, even the ones that are working.

edited December 1969

If you look in the log file immediately after loading G2M, working back from the end you should find

Loaded file: Genesis 2 Base Male.duf

and that will be immediately preceded by the error lines. Try doing a render, even of an empty scene, then load G2M, then open the log -that way the line with the redner time will mark the beginning of the loading messages.

edited December 1969

Yes, all of them are immeadiatley preceding Genesis 2 Base Male.duf

edited December 1969

Please post them here.

edited December 1969

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6823): Failed to add user alias property to node.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1323): Failed to create alias!

Those 2 lines repeat over and over again.

edited February 2015

OK, and no errors relating to not finding target properties (which is what I was expecting you to see)? I don't have any of those lines so it certainly looks as if something is wrong. Have you tried reinstalling the Creature Creator morphs? Do you have the plain morphs, or the HD versions too? Exactly which version of DS are you using (Help>About DAZ Studio)?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited February 2015

Thanks for your help, reading your last post made me realize what was wrong.

Somehow I only installed the HD details, and not the SD CC morphs.

I manually installed the SD CC morphs, and everything is good to go.

Thanks again!

Post edited by NoName99 on
    edited December 1969

Ah, good - sorry, I hadn't thought to ask about that.