Can not locate "Alien Collector"! ( Solved )

Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
edited February 2015 in New Users

After installation, I just can not find "Alien Collector"!

Where is it?

Post edited by Leo Chen on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You should find it easily enough under Products 'A'.

It installs to My DAZ 3D Library\Figures\Mechanical\Alien Collector.

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

You should find it easily enough under Products 'A'.

It installs to My DAZ 3D Library\Figures\Mechanical\Alien Collector.

Thank you,JimmyC_2009.

It is not under Product A in my computer!

Snip20150218_1.png
    670 x 691 - 103K
    edited February 2015

I just found it under "Poser Format"!

Snip20150218_2.png
    924 x 702 - 125K
    edited December 1969

Mine is Collector.DUF, and the materials are in that format too, so that is the DS format

You must have the Poser version installed, it depends on your filters in DIM I suppose.

Glad you found it anyway :)

edited December 1969

Mine is Collector.DUF, and the materials are in that format too, so that is the DS format

You must have the Poser version installed, it depends on your filters in DIM I suppose.

Glad you found it anyway :)

Thank you,JammyC_2009.

You are a good helper.

(I feel sorry that the Alien Collector is a new product but still not shown under Smart Content.)

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

Strange, I found mine under Products -> A as well. As Jimmy said, you must only have the poser version installed.
    I've yet to play with it, but the time is coming soon I think :)

edited December 1969

Strange, I found mine under Products -> A as well. As Jimmy said, you must only have the poser version installed.

Thank you,kaotkbliss.

1. Does it shown under "Smart Content"?

2. Are you using Mac?

edited December 1969

The DAZ Studio version is in Smart Content under Default > Figures > Creatures > Mechanical.

You should have both Poser and DAZ Studio versions available in DIM. There is an 'Alien Collector Ps' and 'Alien Collector DS' available in mine. Click on the 'Download Filters' button at the top of DIM, and make sue that you have 'DAZ Studio 4.5+' checked.

edited December 1969

Thank you,kaotkbliss.

2. Are you using Mac?

1. Yes, in the actors/wardrobe & props tab, it's under Figures for me
    2. I use Windows 7

edited December 1969

Thank you two.

PS: I will test and reply later.

edited December 1969

Thank you,kaotkbliss.

2. Are you using Mac?

1. Yes, in the actors/wardrobe & props tab, it's under Figures for me
    2. I use Windows 7

2. I am using Mac.

1. There is no "Alien Collector" in the Smart Content.

Snip20150219_6.png
    1098 x 965 - 814K
    Snip20150219_5.png
    982 x 804 - 584K
    edited December 1969

The DAZ Studio version is in Smart Content under Default > Figures > Creatures > Mechanical.

You should have both Poser and DAZ Studio versions available in DIM. There is an 'Alien Collector Ps' and 'Alien Collector DS' available in mine. Click on the 'Download Filters' button at the top of DIM, and make sue that you have 'DAZ Studio 4.5+' checked.

I have set filter for "DAZ Studio 4.5+ and ...".

And I have download both version and installed these 2 version.

Snip20150219_2.png
    1920 x 585 - 133K
    Snip20150219_1.png
    898 x 786 - 103K
    edited December 1969

That is strange. It's clearly installed according to the DIM, but according to Daz it's not.
    You could check your install locations in DIM and Daz to make sure they match and you could always uninstall it and reinstall to see if it straightens itself out.

It could also be a database issue, you can click on the content library tab, then click on the triple line with the arrow and select "Scan known directories for content"
    or you could select "Search for content"
    Select the hard drives you want to check and let it go.

If all else fails, you can wipe your database and rebuild it.

edited December 1969

kaotkbliss has given some good advice, but I notice that your version of 'Alien Collector DS' does not have a 'checkmark' beside it. This means that there is no Metadata installed for it according to DIM. In my Installed tab in DIM, there IS a checkmark beside it, so mine appears in Smart Content.

It may be that your CMS was not running at the time it was installed, or something as kaotkbliss suggested, has gone wrong with the database files.

You could try re-installing Metadata from the Content Library drop-down menu, and see if that fixes it.

• MJWMJW Posts: 517
    edited December 1969

I also have probs with the databases, I suspect because I bring in stuff from other sites which has different folder structures. I am thinking about trying to load many of my files to a USB stick for portability and to save HD space, but I have already exceeded the 128gb available on my largest sticks. Is there a simple way to copy just one version of something to the USB? I have Poser and Daz (and other formats) indiscriminately mixed. I have an awful broadband connection (2gbs if behaving) and it frequently sulks when downloading, so I don't want to start again, but if, for example, I wanted to download files direct to the USB stick through DIM, can I do it, and if so how?
    Thanks

edited December 1969

That is strange. It's clearly installed according to the DIM, but according to Daz it's not.
    You could check your install locations in DIM and Daz to make sure they match and you could always uninstall it and reinstall to see if it straightens itself out.

It could also be a database issue, you can click on the content library tab, then click on the triple line with the arrow and select "Scan known directories for content"
    or you could select "Search for content"
    Select the hard drives you want to check and let it go.

If all else fails, you can wipe your database and rebuild it.

Thank you, Kaotkbliss.

You are right.
    Yes, it is a database issue...

edited February 2015

kaotkbliss has given some good advice, but I notice that your version of 'Alien Collector DS' does not have a 'checkmark' beside it. This means that there is no Metadata installed for it according to DIM. In my Installed tab in DIM, there IS a checkmark beside it, so mine appears in Smart Content.

It may be that your CMS was not running at the time it was installed, or something as kaotkbliss suggested, has gone wrong with the database files.

You could try re-installing Metadata from the Content Library drop-down menu, and see if that fixes it.

Thank you, JimmyC_2009.

You are very good.
    Yes, the re-importing of metaData does fix the problem!

Snip20150219_3.png
    791 x 815 - 557K