False Consciousness and the Creative Mind

RazorlightRazorlight Posts: 26
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I've a theory, it's in the Beta testing stage of production but for people who are looking for a bit of inspiration and want to tap into something then here we go ...

Theory goes like this, false consciousness is an aspect of the mind that can be used on an individual level to either create arguments that have no foundation OR essentially, artwork.I say individually because it's people's choice what they do with their mind. So this usually involves people starting arguments they feel cannot be argued back against. What is the potential though of letting this area of mind just be there in order to channel creativity ? Kd.

plan_b.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 114K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945
    edited December 1969

Well I know trendy people who would hang that on their walls if thats what you mean :lol:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945
    edited December 1969

It is rather like Andy Wahol painting a Cambells soup can, someone exhibiting a urinal as a sculpture or a cubist painting, the art lies in the interpretation

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I am very self-centered when it comes to art. If I like it, good. If I don't like it, I ignore it.

I am confused over your use of "false" consciousness. I believe in a Universal Consciousness that can be, and is, tapped into by artists.

• RazorlightRazorlight Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

Well I know trendy people who would hang that on their walls if thats what you mean :lol:

I was wondering what to reply to that as my e-mail didn't show who it was from. I think the picture's kind of mellow, perhaps a psychiatrists wall. It's inverted though, the other way round it's way hypnotic and started out from from one of many failed attempts at a certain camera in the ball tutorial. Should it yet turn out to fuel an immoral drug fueled sex raged libertine lifestyle is uncertain. There are health concerns with that. But as a reply and look at this as a subject then what would be the nature of "no effort".

• RazorlightRazorlight Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

I am very self-centered when it comes to art. If I like it, good. If I don't like it, I ignore it.

I am confused over your use of "false" consciousness. I believe in a Universal Consciousness that can be, and is, tapped into by artists.[/quote

I was taking some photos at a festival and one of the guys said "how would you like me to pose ?", and one of the other guys replied "he's already taken your picture".

Irvine.jpg
    1000 x 664 - 478K