Seams at a distance in UE4

I imported my daz character into ue4 and I'm noticing seams around the top of the head, shoulders and thighs. I don't think its the mesh LOD because its set to 0. I'm thinking its the texture.

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

kennfletch said:

I imported my daz character into ue4 and I'm noticing seams around the top of the head, shoulders and thighs. I don't think its the mesh LOD because its set to 0. I'm thinking its the texture.

what type of textures you are using??? i remember for exemple if you use some "daz 7 main characters textures on daz 8 characters it can lead to seams issue if you don't use some proper fixes. 

• MacislavMacislav Posts: 126
    edited October 2021

Adding more skin to the edges of the textures affected (face, torso etc.) by using the stamp tool can help.

Post edited by Macislav on
  • I'm not sure about textures I'm using. I using a character I bought. I did notice the model character I imported doesn't have the issues and the non skin areas are black. The one with the problem the areas are white.

• UpL8RenderingUpL8Rendering Posts: 129
    edited October 2021

This is a trick that has worked for me. Copy your characters textures to another folder so you don't accidentally modify the originals . Open them up in an image editor like Gimp. Use the color picker tool to get a sample near the edge of the body.

Use the Bucket Fill Tool to fill that color into the white area. Set the threshold amount on the left to determine how much to fill.

Export or save the texture in the format you want - jpeg - png etc.

Import into Unreal Engine. Open the Material instance for each body part and change the texture to these new ones you are creating.

Post edited by UpL8Rendering on