Come watch me Daz tonite

edited February 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, in order to stimulate some interest in my IndieGoGo campaign and Patreon page I thought I would offer some free online sessions..

If your question is "why should I pay to watch you work??".

Here's some examples of what I am working on...

Interested? I request that you "like" my FB page and I will provide you with the link to the google hangout so you can check it out.

Thanks!

screensharePNG.png
1101 x 135 - 30K
Post edited by reddotmedia_8092aed472 on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited February 2015

I would "like" you on FB, but I don't like or trust FB, so I don't use it. Also, I generally go to bed before the Amish and the chickens on weeknights due to work, so unfortunately I will have to pass.

Best of luck on your endeavor. I do hope it is successful for you!

Oops! Did I just bump the thread up, thus making it more visible? :red: ;-)

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • edited December 1969

pm a gmail or other email and i can add you to the list if you're still interested

edited February 2015

Edited my response above. Sorry. I'll be sleeping.

For those that are like me, who don't know what Google Hangout (or whatever it is called) is, or what it does, can you explain what will be seen? For instance, I'm guessing that people will be able to see a live feed of your screen as you work with the files, but will there also be audio (or text chatting) of you explaining what you're doing and why?

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • edited December 1969

sure, it's kind of hard to describe what nobody else is doing so here's what you would expect (and keep in mind that this is the first one, "production values" should increase as time goes on....)

I don't say I have THE answers, but I have some, which work for me, and could for you too perhaps...

A google hangout, our similar is a URL or web address where you can view someone's computer or image.

If you subscribe then you will get a schedual (working on this @ this time; some probably recorded if interesting, not too hard...) and get a link to "access the chat".

make sense?

So what would I be doing tonight at 10 PM eastern??
    Well, I have a problem, something that needs to be fixed.
    Tonite it is the following:

PROBLEM: Skin shaders ok, but hair too transparent, shader problem. Need to re-render sequences
    SUGGESTED RESOLUTION: Load default hair style in carrara, change to proper black color. Adjust shaders. Test. Open at least one of files in sequence. Browse to origin folder. Delete all PNG files. Save, add to render que. Complete render. Open in Premier Pro and verify that change has been completed. If so, rinse and repeat about 50 times..

For operations like this that are kind of cut and paste it should be easy to converse and describe what I'm doing. If you have input that's valid or helps me even better, this is free after all... I am interested in keeping it to a closed group, by invitation.

I probably do it exactly wrong compared to 'yall, but it's it's how I produce my clips.

I decided to embark on this after deciding to ramp up my guitar skills. All the sites are about 15$ a month to watch videos; so I thought this is in the ballpark for someone interested in getting some 3D skills in a hurry.

Hope that makes it more clear, hope to see you there...

edited December 1969

Sounds pretty interesting.

• edited December 1969

only got one response so this has been reschedualed (probably another task though...) to

Monday Feb 23 @ 12 Noon

pm me or Like the FB page to be included, thanks !

• edited December 1969

New Schedual Midnight EST Feb 24, 25, 26

Like the FB page or pm me to be included... free until end of IndieGoGo campaign...

Here's some graphics on what am working on...

Update0224.png
    1500 x 1851 - 1M