ID's Giada for Victoria 4.2

RSand55RSand55 Posts: 158
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi Folks:
I'm new to 3D but not PC's.
I'm using the current release of DAZ3D V4.7 with Victoria 4.2 Pro Bundle installed.
I have bought Giada and another from Illusions but cannot for the life of me get this
properly installed.
The products at this site look spectacular but my 3D ignorance is apparent.
Does any of Giada's files (listed below) have to be converted to a DAZ format? If someone could show me the correct path to install
these files, it would be appreciated.
I did change the default installer path to My 3D Library but to no avail as within DAZ, I am able to find the folders
but not any content. If posting the files is forbidden in this forum, I apologize.
I'm finding Daz very addicting so if you could help, you indeed have my gratitude.
Thank you very much.
rsand

From Giada Text:

COMPLETE LIST OF FILES

MAT POSE FILES: Runtime\libraries\Pose\
..\!MAT-Giada IDV4\
!!Textures.png
!!Textures.pz2
Body INJECT.png
Body INJECT.pz2
Body REMOVE.png
Body REMOVE.pz2
Head INJECT.png
Head INJECT.pz2
Head REMOVE.png
Head REMOVE.pz2
Make Up 1.png
Make Up 1.pz2
Make Up 2.png
Make Up 2.pz2
Make Up 3.png
Make Up 3.pz2
Make Up 4.png
Make Up 4.pz2
Make Up 5.png
Make Up 5.pz2
Make Up 6.png
Make Up 6.pz2
Make Up DEFAULT.png
Make Up DEFAULT.pz2
o Eyes 1.png
o Eyes 1.pz2
o Eyes 2.png
o Eyes 2.pz2
o Eyes 3.png
o Eyes 3.pz2
o Eyes 4.png
o Eyes 4.pz2
o Eyes DEFAULT.png
o Eyes DEFAULT.pz2

TEXTURES: Runtime\textures\IllusionsDesigns\
..\GiadaIDV4\
giadaIDBODY.jpg
giadaIDBODYBMP.jpg
giadaIDEYES.jpg
giadaIDEYES01.jpg
giadaIDEYES02.jpg
giadaIDEYES03.jpg
giadaIDEYES04.jpg
giadaIDEYESBMP.jpg
giadaIDHEAD.jpg
giadaIDHEADBMP.jpg
giadaIDLIMBS.jpg
giadaIDLIMBSBMP.jpg
giadaIDMKP01.jpg
giadaIDMKP02.jpg
giadaIDMKP03.jpg
giadaIDMKP04.jpg
giadaIDMKP05.jpg
giadaIDMKP06.jpg
giadaIDTG.jpg
giadaIDTGBMP.jpg
giadaIDTR.jpg
giadaID_SCLERA.jpg
giadaID_corneaTRANS.jpg
giadaID_scleraBMP.jpg

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,806
    edited December 1969

The Runtime folder from the zip should be merged with the Runtime folder in your \My DAZ 3D Library - assuming that's the location to which you installed Victoria 4 base and morphs. The files will then be in the Content Library pane (not Smart Content) under Poser Formats>Pose>!MAT-Giada IDV4. However, since they aren't DAZ Studio materials you are going to have to do a bit of work to convert them after applying - one option would be to fine a character that looks good to you under DAZ Studio formats and hold the ctrl(Windows)/cmd(Mac) key down while double-clicking its icon, then in the dialogue that opens choose Ignore for maps - that will give DS settings with the Glada textures, though given that the set has only diffuse (plain colour) and bump maps you may need to try several possibilities before you find one that looks good.

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 158
    edited February 2015

The Runtime folder from the zip should be merged with the Runtime folder in your \My DAZ 3D Library - assuming that's the location to which you installed Victoria 4 base and morphs. The files will then be in the Content Library pane (not Smart Content) under Poser Formats>Pose>!MAT-Giada IDV4. However, since they aren't DAZ Studio materials you are going to have to do a bit of work to convert them after applying - one option would be to fine a character that looks good to you under DAZ Studio formats and hold the ctrl(Windows)/cmd(Mac) key down while double-clicking its icon, then in the dialogue that opens choose Ignore for maps - that will give DS settings with the Glada textures, though given that the set has only diffuse (plain colour) and bump maps you may need to try several possibilities before you find one that looks good.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.
    The Victoria 4.2 Bundle was installed by the Daz Install Manager so I guess it's all in the correct place.
    I had a feeling this would be a lot of work as it's not in Daz format but I will try my best.
    Thank you.

I just did it and it worked like a charm! Thank you!!!

Post edited by RSand55 on